News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Battery Detailing Kit

Started by MikeLawson, March 01, 2021, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLawson

I recently purchased a battery detailing kit for my '67 Deville from WESKCAR.com. This is a really nice, reasonably kit that allows you to disguise a modern battery as an original style Delco battery. For $23.00 you get a set of 6 3D printed and painted battery caps, authentic looking Delco decals and even a nicely reproduced copy of the original battery warranty card. The business that produces the kit is located in Belgium but you can purchase the kits from their Ebay store: ebay.com/str/weskar . Shipping was only $1.25.  I've attached a picture of the kit installed on my NAPA replacement battery. Note: be sure to check the size of the filler holes in your battery, most are 3/4", you can get spacer rings from Weskcar if necessary.

Harley Earl

I can vouch for the quality of this kit.  As described.  Seamless, non PayPal, transaction if you wish is a plus.  Also ordered their "Cadillac" fire extinguisher decal for my interior mounted extinguisher.  Safety first folks, with Cadillac STYLE!
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

Jon S

I posted a while back I am using Weskar’s push in battery caps combine with special vinyl lettering I had made up
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Harley Earl on March 01, 2021, 07:40:33 PM
I can vouch for the quality of this kit.  As described.  Seamless, non PayPal, transaction if you wish is a plus.  Also ordered their "Cadillac" fire extinguisher decal for my interior mounted extinguisher.  Safety first folks, with Cadillac STYLE!

Harley,
  Can you post a picture of what the fire extinguisher decal looks like.  I hadn't heard of that before and was curious about it.  Thanks in advance.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

MikeLawson

Here is a picture of the General Motors fire extinguisher decal. You can see this and the battery detail kits at: https://weskcar.com/

Cadman-iac

Thanks Mike,
I like that. So you can make any fire extinguisher look like it came from GM with that decal. Sharp!
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Harley Earl

I have not applied the sticker to my H3R extinguisher yet but will post a pic soon.  I am waiting for availability from my internal sticker application expert (wife).  The sticker is very nice so I don't want to muck it up ham handedly with my man hands...

Here is a weblink to the "Cadillac Model" Sticker;

https://weskcar.com/product/cadillac-fire-extinguisher-sticker/
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

Highwayman68

Can someone confirm what color and decal was provided on the 1968 models. They have several selections for GM in that era.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981