News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 to 1976 stock cam specs

Started by Pghcc2006, April 05, 2024, 03:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pghcc2006

Can anyone confirm the stock cam specs , especially lift, for the 472 and 500?.

On my own from Google I've found:
1968 to 71: .440 intake/.454 exhaust

1972 : .490 both

1973 to 75: ?

1976: from  my FSM .457 intake/ .473 exhaust

Thanks guys

scottsdaleaz

74-75  .457" intake    .473" Exhaust
1975 Eldorado
Member Number: 34629

TJ Hopland

It wasn't just the lift they were screwing around with in that era. There were some years it looked like they were maybe trying to do the final closing real easy.  Maybe they were worried about seat wear? 

At one time I had a sheet I think I got from MTS Al that showed all the stock specs and how they compared to the available at the time 'big name' cams vs the MTS custom options and how those brought in some aspects of the stock grinds that the performance people ignored.  The pitch was that the big names were basically using Chev grinds and thinking on their Cad options.  I'm thinking Al used Erson?  Maybe Marty did too when he bought the biz?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason