News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 Series 75 vin

Started by petchman65, April 06, 2024, 03:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petchman65

where can i find the vin a
on my 48 cadillac 75 series

Jay Friedman

In 1948 the VIN is stamped on the passenger's side of the engine block, just forward of the right cylinder head behind the water pump.

It MAY also be stamped on the top of the passenger side frame rail just behind the front suspension and forward of the point where the cowl is attached to the frame. I say "may" because it is stamped there on Series 60, 61 and 62 cars in '48, but I'm not familiar with Series 75 cars which may be different.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't forget that if you are looking for an actual VIN Number, like the modern-day ones, then these didn't start till around 1960.

All your car will have in the designation department is an Engine Number, a Chassis Number, and probably a Body Number.   If the number is for Registration Purposes, then the youngsters in the various registration places cannot get their heads around anything unusual.   If it doesn't work, or not accepted on their computers, then they are stumped.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

toybox

My engine and frame have the same number that matches the title on my 46. they are as stated earlier just above and behind the the water pump on the block and just behind the right  upper control arm/shock on the top of the frame rail.    if your engine has been changed they may not match so go with the frame number. The tag on the the firewall is for model and trim only. Tim