News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Bulletin Information

Started by Bryan J Moran, March 26, 2024, 11:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

I just received an email CLC bulletin -

Your board of directors voted for two significant changes affecting membership in the coming months. First, the online Discussion Forum will transition to allow only CLC members to post and utilize all functions. Nonmembers can view posts but must join and become CLC members to fully utilize the Forum. We have over 13,000 nonmembers, many of whom will hopefully join our Club and enjoy the many benefits we offer. The change goes into effect May 1.

The second change unanimously approved was a major change to our judging process. Many members have expressed displeasure with the revisions introduced at the 2017 Grand National. The significant change is that Primary cars will be judged along with Touring and Specialty & Unique vehicles using the old judging form that is shorter, which will take less time to evaluate the cars. Senior cars will continue with the newer form to progress to the much coveted and higher awards. This change will take effect with the Gettysburg GN. This will hopefully assist the judges and make the process easier for the expected large attendance.

CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

I wonder if this will result in at least half of the non members joining.  I also wonder if an attempt is made to post on the forum, if the person receives a notice that since they are not a member, they can not post but then the CLC intelligentsia has provided a link to join "quickly", for $25 or $20 or whatever to entice that person to join. 

But after joining what does the club plan to do to retain these members?  I have received most complaints about Cornerstone from the BCA group, and CLC, about simply not following through. Crickets after joining. Can one of the 13,000 who "joins" so they can ask a question or post, join quickly in such a way that they can post "the same day."  Or do they have to wait 6 weeks like I did and then reach out to the CLC (i.e. Cornerstone) to "ask" to be provided what they signed up for? 

I'm getting the popcorn ready. 
CLC 35000 in number only