News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Some Photos of Famous People with their Cadillacs

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, June 11, 2012, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

I think these pictures of Elvis and Marilyn  are fantastic , The Edorado and the stars made a perfect couple . i would love to see some other great old Cadillacs  out in the public .
Marilyn is in a 57 Biarritz at Ebbets Field

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Jeff Maltby 4194

Close As I'll ever get in 1954 on fathers new 53 sedan in SF bay area ~:<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Quentin Hall

Just hoping that you were all as flaberghasted and disgusted as I was to have some of our previous thread hijacked and discarded by the moderator, Mr Bill Hedge. I am seething over the fact that I was chastised that the Ebbet's Field photos were off topic and hence, not appropriate to the Cadillac forum.

Quote " Please remember that this forum is about Cadillac and Lasalle automobiles, NOT Marilyn Monroe" unquote.

WHAT????  So pictures of Eisenhower's Inauguration are out, Buster Keaton's Cadillac are out, Marlene Dietrieck's out, Salvadore Dali's out , Frank Sinatra's out,  any celebrity in a Cadillac is out??? (sorry I am too angry to spellcheck  everybody just now)  I am not one to idolise stars like Elvis and Marilyn to the point of extreme, however in the context of the thread that we were discussing (1957 Eldorado Biarritz) and the enthusiasm of those involved in the thread it was certainly appropriate to show historical photos, yet unseen on this forum, showing one of the most significant celebrities of the 20th century at a significant sporting arena in a 1957 Biarritz that was as far as I was concerned the very  topic of conversation.
   Ahh . . . . I feel somewhat better having got that off my chest. However. . .
   Dear Mr Hedge, (or any moderator) if you feel it necessary to remove any of my words, or pictures or postings from this forum, please give me the courtesy of discussing any issues of inappropriateness prior to their removal.
   I am sorry that I have chosen to vent these feeling on the day of news of Stephen Nadon's passing. He and I conversed enthusiastically several times concerning my various Eldos. Yes, true enthusiasts like he are what unites a group of friends. He will be missed. Q
ps for the rest of the week I am on admin@53eldorado.com not my other email addresses.

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Quentin, and others,

The pictures were removed simply because the posting was getting totally away from the original heading, that being the Gold Plating question of the "V" badges, in the Technical Forum.

The Thread was being so-called "Hijacked" by yourselves, and this isn't the first time, or will be the last time that a thread goes completely off the subject.

The pictures are now in their correct position, and that is the Discussion Forum.

I cannot speak for other Forum Administrators, but in most cases where items are removed, moved, etc, the "Postor" is notified of the reason why.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Quentin Hall

Thanks Bruce,
I'm a bit calmer now; now that I've eaten half a bloody cheesecake ( and I didn't even stop to taste it).  I'll agree that we had meandered somewhat off the original topic of gold plating however we were still talking about 57 Biarritzs, not "Arms Treaties" with Iran. If you  have a look at the individuals who were actively involved in the discussion then it would be plain to see that it was an enthusiastic conversation shared by likeminded owners of this particular model car. That's what an active conversation is. If we wanted stilted conversations that didn't go off topic then we'd invite our wives to the pub, right? 
  Anyhow, I'll try to play by the rules, but sometimes might still blame the bloody ref. . .  OK?   Q
ps just so I stay on topic how about this one (sorry it's MM again. ) 
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Bill Balkie 24172

Quentin,

You are Beautiful !  With  a great sense of humor. And a great asset to the Club. If two people agree all the time then one is not needed . It is nice to lighten up a little bit and just enjoy some great vintage pictures and let your imagination take you back in time . You have to admit , Marilyn sure does make that Cadillac look Good .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Bill Balkie 24172

Diana Dors and her mile long  1954 Cadillac,  known for her mile long legs

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Richardonly

Gentlemen,

I, for one, enjoy the pictures of the beautiful Cadillacs and the beautiful women who "were" in them.

How many advertisements have we seen over the years with stars promoting a make or model???

Ex.  Ricardo Montabaun selling Chrysler's "Rich corinthian leather."  Hey, not so sure on the spelling, but you should see my point.

At the local new car shows, they hire local models to answer questions about the car.  Are the answers correct?  I'm not sure, but it does draw the attention to the cars.

For what that was worth, enjoy the day.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

djohnson

hdjjowen@msn.com

Here are a couple pics of Elvis with his 1956 Eldorado Biarritz, one with June Juanico in front of Elvis's car, and another of his car in front of Graceland. 

Davidinhartford

Hugh Hefner and his 55 Eldorado

Below:  Gene Autry and his 52 Fleetwood

Davidinhartford

Davidinhartford

Jean Harlow and her 34 Cadillac

Davidinhartford

Davidinhartford

Bill Balkie 24172

Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Diana Dors was a 55, sorry to be a nitpicker !
Phil