News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Droopy sun visors - 80s cars

Started by Ray Dravesky, February 13, 2005, 07:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dravesky

I have an 81 Eldo and an 87 Cimarron, both of which suffer from droopy sun visors. Both are nice cars and not at all junky. Caddy dealer has no clue as to a fix. Any suggestions? Thank you!

BigEldos

Dennis Fiore

whats the company that sells rubber parts name-big outfit?  I need em for 73 eldo

Jeffrey Klinner CLC 19166

Are you talking about the material or the entire visor?  On my 78 Biarritz there is a screw on the ceiling side near the door, if you tighten the screw, it will hold the visor in place.  I recently did this.  I know thats rather simple, so I assume your problem is different.

Ray

Its the whole visor that flops down and all the screws are tight. One member interestingly responded there is no fix. He uses velcro. I prefer popsicle sticks (one end jammed into the door surround trim, the other just holding up the visor). Thanks.

JIM CLC # 15000

02-14-05
Ray, try an old upholisty shopthat has some white head or bald headed workers.
They may be able to help.
You also may be able to "build-up" the shaft of the visor so that when the adjustment screw is tighten it will hold the visor up
Good Luck, J-B Weld may work, Jim