News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 390 Torque settings and head bolt tightening sequence

Started by rustytractor, April 15, 2024, 05:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

Would anyone have a copy of the page which shows the torque settings and head bolt tightening sequence for a '62 390 or is there a resource somewhere which has this online?

I know I have a manual somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it and I want to refit the rebuilt heads on my Miller Meteor Hearse tomorrow.

I assume the torque settings will be the same as the 365 engine up but wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys
Too many cars - too little time !!

signart

From my Motors Manual '61-'62 same. Cylinder head bolts @75 ft. pounds
First attachment is sharper if you can open PDF

Art D. Woody

rustytractor

Quote from: signart on April 15, 2024, 07:31:51 PMFrom my Motors Manual '61-'62 same. Cylinder head bolts @75 ft. pounds
First attachment is sharper if you can open PDF

Thats great, thanks for this. It's funny - when you read something back you realise you didn't word it as clearly as you meant to. Do you also have the page that shows all the engine Torque settings? I have this from a '58 365 but wasn't certain that all the settings would be the same.

signart

I would hope some Cadillac Club members would be more willing to provide with technical info when asked instead of so much concentration on forum member riddance and fretting over ridiculous spam attempts.
I am always willing to help, but will no longer be able to offer in the near future.
Here you go, good luck.
This should be added to your notes:      VIBRATION DAMPER is @ 110 lbs
Let me know if you have trouble with PDF.

Art D. Woody

dn010

-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

rustytractor

Quote from: signart on April 16, 2024, 10:01:57 AMI would hope some Cadillac Club members would be more willing to provide with technical info when asked instead of so much concentration on forum member riddance and fretting over ridiculous spam attempts.
I am always willing to help, but will no longer be able to offer in the near future.
Here you go, good luck.

Quote from: signart on April 16, 2024, 10:01:57 AMI would hope some Cadillac Club members would be more willing to provide with technical info when asked instead of so much concentration on forum member riddance and fretting over ridiculous spam attempts.
Here you go, good luck.

Thanks Art, your help's much appreciated

rustytractor

Quote from: dn010 on April 16, 2024, 10:08:10 AMHere is the entire 62 manual:
https://cadillac.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/1962/1962%20Shop%20Manual/index.html

Here is the 62 engine section where you'll find all torque settings:
https://cadillac.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/1962/1962%20Shop%20Manual/09-Engine%20Mechanical/page1.html

Yes, you'll have to scroll down past some ads to see everything.
Thanks Dan, this is really helpful as I need other information that would've been in my missing manual!!