News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hi to all, any one can let me know what was the original color for the Rims in a 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood
General Discussion / Re: Wiring
Last post by Clifton 77 - Today at 09:32:27 PM
No
General Discussion / Good video explaining zinc in ...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 09:30:31 PM
This video just came up on youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxjPicpYyw 

Seems like he does a good job explaining several aspects of zinc in motor oil.  Perhaps some of the things he is saying is why there are so many people saying not to add it.  The other people never seem to explain why but what this guy is saying makes sense. Also makes a lot of sense when he talks about different materials in the engines making a big difference. 

I also wonder about the low friction but higher wear aspect when it comes to modern engines. Is it one more way we are being screwed?  We are saving a slight amount of gas but wearing out the over complicated non repairable engines faster?  Seems like the way things work these days, only focus on one aspect and say yay we are saving the environment as long as you ignore a dozen other parameters. We saved some gas and emissions when it comes to driving the car but producing it and shortening its usable life... well we won't talk about that.   
General Discussion / Re: 2040 Parts?
Last post by David Greenburg - Today at 09:07:28 PM
I'm just looking at parts, but that does not sound like a good omen. Other than the town where the item is located, there is no information about who you are actually dealing with. So I think I'll look elsewhere.
General Discussion / Re: How to find your CLC numbe...
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 09:05:32 PM
So you can enter your CLC number in your Forum Profile, see the pic below.

Many people confuse being shown as a 'member' on this Forum with being a dues paid CLC Member. 

Effective tomorrow, May 1, this is supposed to change to recognize Forum Members are actual CLC Members.

Hopefully this helps you to reset your CLC website & membership area password.  If you continue to have problems, suggest you reach out to the CLC Office Manager / Cornerstone Management. 

Historically speaking (back in the 1900's) not having the torque converter lockup was only going to cost you some gas but I don't know what they were using in 2000 4T85e? 

I'm sure its all electronic so not like the 80's where the was just one wire and one solenoid.  Its got a pretty large multi pin connector and a whole bank of control solenoids usually located in the pan but again I don't know that model.  The ones I have been in its not like the internal wires and connectors are big things that could easily be knocked off they tend to be kinda a pain to get off but I suppose this is old enough that maybe the plastic connectors or locks have become brittle and got bumped during the service?  Maybe see if you can find a diagram and see if that one is near the filter?

I guess the other question would be what other TCC related codes are there?  On something like this there would likely be other codes like circuit high or low indicating it being disconnected or shorted so maybe the issue has nothing to do with the actual TCC solenoid?  Can you find more info on that code like the conditions to set it?  And if it mentions related codes?  Im not sure if this also has a pending code section? 
Complex diagnosis. Check this link. https://www.kbb.com/obd-ii/p0741/
Ya sounds like a control problem.  Tim's manuals are worth the money.  Much easier to understand and go through the troubleshooting than the factory manual.
General Discussion / Re: Vinyl Top
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 08:39:52 PM
Back in the 80's when vinyl tops were new I used to use Turtle Wax Vinyl Top Wax. It was a liquid that I applied with a rag. Made the top look new. My 1973 vinyl top still looks great. It was not very durable but I didn't mind because it was easy to apply.

Alas, I think they stopped making it decades ago when vinyl tops went out of style.

Does anyone else still make vinyl top wax?

I tried 303 the last time and had no trouble with it. 
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1970 FW Brougham windows.
Last post by Jeffrey Burland - Today at 08:04:43 PM
Hi John,
I'm in western MA and am going to the GN. I have the right front and right rear door glass for your '70 Fleetwood from a '69 Fleetwood, I parted awhile back. They are the same. Please click on my direct email to the left and I'll get you pictures and prices. thanks, Jeff