News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 2000 Eldorado Coachbuilder...
Last post by TJ Hopland - April 29, 2024, 04:47:30 PM
Hopefully someone knows these systems and will have clues on how to diagnose it.   I suppose if the switch isn't too hard to access and its a simple 3 terminal switch you could test and or jumper there to see if it is just the switch.

Do you have any idea where the control module is?  Maybe have a look around for something that doesn't look factory with a fair number of wires going to it?  Maybe get lucky and its got some lights or a fuse or a loose connector hanging off it?

Have you ever had the battery go dead on this car?  If you have and it recovers just fine maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to force things to reset?   If its never been dead before that may not be a good idea since by then they were at least doing 'security' things with the radio that required codes or a scan tool to get working after a power loss. 
Technical / Authenticity / 1970 AC R12 how to charge?
Last post by jmurrayent - April 29, 2024, 04:37:35 PM
1970 Deville, just installed new AC compressor and drier, replaced all o-rings, flushed the system and held vacuum at -28psi overnight.  I understand the system takes 4lbs. of R12.  I had a partial 15 lb. cannister and a full 15 lb. cannister. I emptied the partial can and used very little out of the full can trying to achieve 30 psi (low side) and 175 psi on the high side.   How do I know when I have installed the right amount of freon?  I think I may have overcharged it.  I currently have 30psi on the low pressure side and 175psi on the high side at idle.  No bubbles in the sight glass on the guage.  Its blowing luke warm at the vents.  Can someone offer advice?  Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Can't log in to access Sel...
Last post by TJ Hopland - April 29, 2024, 04:35:21 PM
I asked and they said they can't go back to before they were handling the memberships for this club.
General Discussion / Re: Scams
Last post by Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster) - April 29, 2024, 04:15:52 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on April 24, 2024, 09:39:26 PMOr putting their email address as their User Name.  Nothing like asking to be spammed or scammed.

Could a warning or suggestion be included during the new registrations process not to do this? 
That is a very good idea, I will add it to the Forum rules that show up when a new user clicks the 'Sign In' button
Newsletters / North Texas Region Cadillac ...
Last post by Bill Levy CLC # 25695 - April 29, 2024, 04:06:58 PM
 8) From Under the Shade Tree of The North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club  :)

May is the time for getting your Cadillac car ready for the Grand National in Gettysburg.

In the May 2024 issue of the Standard of The World newsletter:

Page 1. On the cover is my beautiful Eldorado sitting on display in front of the North Texas Region Cadillac hospitality tent at the HUGE Pate Swap Meet. 

Page 2. NTXCLC First Saturday Breakfast.  This is both a social get together, business meeting, and car show.

Page 3. The annual Tile party for Pate. List of participants.

Page 4. Pate Swap Meet Setup and Tear Down workers.

Page 5. New Advertiser – Cody;s Classic Cars.

Page 6.  Classifieds. And some Pate Swap Meet Memories.

Page 7.  Activities Calendar, more of our advertisers, our popular North Texas Region logo club items; and Digital 3 Printing (they print our newsletter).  Also, our officers and directors, and Sunshine Report.

Pages 8-10.  Alex Beloff III's Article on "Cadillac Seville of Privileged Gognoscentti"

Page 11.  Memories, Advertising Rates Classifieds, and Membership Report. 

Page 12. Cadillac Wheels for sale.

Note: As I get car show and other information during the week, I will forward it in an email to NTX members.

Happy Trails.

Bill "Lifer" Levy
North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club
President, Newsletter Editor, Pate Swap Meet Director

Sorry, could not save PDF.
You can always ask Cornerstone whether they can change your 'new' number to the old number.

Stefan
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 57 Flletwood right hand wi...
Last post by dn010 - April 29, 2024, 03:32:10 PM
I may have one in my pile of wiper arms. What kind of condition are you looking for?
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 2000 Eldorado Coachbuilder...
Last post by Mike Shawgo - April 29, 2024, 03:00:48 PM
No, the 2000 Eldorado convertibles were not factory, they were custom made by Coachbuilders in Florida, so there's nothing connected to the regular diagnostics or fuse diagrams.