News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

new to the forum and restoring a 47 62 series

Started by honestcaddy, September 21, 2013, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ingler #7799

You are to be congratulated on a good looking restoration and I bet it drives as good as it looks. One comment from a safety stand point. The first picture of this posting showing the engine also shows a carb overflow line routed in the wrong direction. The overflow line leaves the carb on the right side of the carb then makes a 90 degree turn and goes back on the right side of the engine to the back of the engine, Then the line starts down and crosses over to the left side of the bell housing and straight down. A small clamp holds the line to the left side of the bell housing. Routing of the over flow is routed this way to keep any chance of fuel away from the exhaust pipe. Picture below   Bill

honestcaddy

Bill, Thanks for that information! I will get that fixed! Here at the Honest Charley Garage we restore all makes of vehicles from the American Underslung to Zephers. So help from forums are always appreciated. Luckily our Caddy started off as a 32,000 mile car and not to many things have been messed with, however the carb and fuel lines had been at one time.
Looks as though you have a beautiful restoration going on as well!
and your right! our car drives like a new one! can't believe how smooth it shifts and rides!

Thule

wonderfull car. and restoration

i've watched corky on youtube numbers of times :)
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

Martin Michaels

Jonathan Great looking car, I have been restoring my 1947 sedan for a while now. I have been trying to do the  woodgraining and finally gave up ready to paint it a solid color. All of my pieces are in really good shape and you know how many there are, what would be a average price for your company to do this? I would like to know before I go any farther thanks. Marty
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White