News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Finally out of the paint booth !!!!

Started by Dennis Branch, September 03, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Branch

Here are a couple pictures of my 1957 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Series I have been working on for quite sometime. We stripped it, took it all apart and now have it back together painted. The interior is being done in pink and white leather with all leather on the doors. Now comes the fun part of cleaning and making every piece shine like a new nickel and putting it back together !!
Thanks for looking!
Dennis Branch
1957 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Series
Ms. Gulf Coast

Was going to post more photos but keeps saying too large of file !!

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Dennis,  Putting it back together is always the best part!!

Wow!   That car looks Good!!

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Dennis Branch

Thank you Mike, lot of hard long hours but it is worth it. It has been cut and buffed and in person it is really gorgeous !!!

RussK

That is one nice looking car, keep us posted , I for one would like to see more of this one.
Russell kidd

INTMD8

Looks great! Is that the original color combo?

Dennis Branch

No it is not, the car was originally red. You want believe what I am fixing to tell you. We took this car all apart , truck, fenders, hood, doors and anything else that needed to be painted. We blasted all the parts, jammed it all out in the ORIGINAL RED, yes you heard me right , in the ORIGINAL RED. Put it all back together and rolled it into the paint booth. Already had bought 2 gallons of red paint. We always seal the cars with a sealer before we paint it. The sealer is white so we tinted it with a little red so the red would cover better. Well of course now we have a car in PINK sealer. Our state of the art paint booth has windows so all the customers can see and everyone coming by went crazy over the PINK. Most compliments we had in a while on any car. So after so many compliments we decided to go PINK. And yes we had to take it all back apart once painted, to jam everything out PINK.
Hard to believe but that is how it became PINK.