News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

73 eldo convertible doors and windows

Started by kkkaiser, August 11, 2017, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkkaiser

HI, looking into more nuisance things to fix,
My window go up, two have new motors, two old motors

When in the up position, at the top, there is a gap between the rear and front window.  its wider at top, and tapers down,  and, when door shuts, the window swings.  I have new rubbers and felts in.  I have tried to push the little blocks to where they push the window firm. but if you go too tight, the window motor wont push up the window. puts too much tension on the window. 

Is there any sensible way to adjust the windows.. i have been in those doors i dont know how many times and tried to solve both the gap and the swing on door shut, but I just dont know if I am doing the proper adjustments or if it goes beyond the upper block adjustment, i have lowered the upper block that limits the height of the raise as well, trying to get good fits, but it seems to elude me,,

any ideas

The Tassie Devil(le)

The first thing you need to do is get the Fisher Body Service Manual.

This will show you exactly how to adjust the glass, and get it right.

Simply moving this and that could actually end up with the glass shattering if it strikes an object, or strained.

Doing it by the book is so easy, and simple, BUT, it does take time.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

Agree 100%. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

TJ Hopland

If you need or are considering work on the top any time soon I would wait till the top is done before spending time on the windows.  If the top moves you could have to start all over with the windows. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason