News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

66 Cadillac air compressor stamping

Started by jbomd, August 07, 2017, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbomd

I received a point deduction at the GN this week for having a decal rather than a "stamp" on my a/c compressor for a 66 Eldorado.    Does anybody know where to get one of these stamps?

Joe
joconnell

Eldo66

Joe,

I have never heard of anyone having one of the original OK CAD stamps.  Years ago, a friend took photographs of a stamp and used those to generate a cutout stencil - then painstakingly hand-painted a stamp onto a rebuilt compressor housing using matched yellow paint.  It did the job. 

The alternative would be to find a 1966 compressor housing with its original logo, and arrange for a vintage AC shop to replace its mechanical components - while preserving the housing.  I don't know any shops offhand who have done that. 

Regards,
P. Nesbitt
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats