News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Low mileage '75 Coupe DeVille - California $9800

Started by Dave CLC#16900, July 11, 2023, 12:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave CLC#16900

Not mine, price looks fair.  https://offerup.co/EPTRHlo3jBb
Dave CLC#16900

1956 C 6237SDX ELS
1975 C 6CD47 CDV

gkhashem

For a low mileage car I do not like the interior.

Driver's seat, dash and door panel all cracked. Did this car sit outside? The steering wheel is wrapped too.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

V63

I am noticing a trend that after each 100,000 miles cars are being magically reborn again.

That seat has seen more time than a greyhound. 

V63

Reminds me of a story of a friend and I were looking at some older Cadillacs at a used car dealership, "buy here, pay here"  kinda place. We were looking at a (tired) 78 Seville elegante that had obviously been around the block when the salesman pounces and exclaiming it preservation and then went into how it had only had 15,000 miles and all of a sudden my friend started looking on the ground in distress, finally the salesman started looking too and asked what he was looking for??? And my friend replied:

" my pumpkin 🎃 !!!  It must have fallen off" 🤣

2011DTS

Go, those pillow inserts in the door panels are prone to cracks 30 years ago so for one to make it this long I. A hot dry climate is not bad. Also for some reason the brown dyed leather of this generation aged quickly, I know because I had a 78 Custom two tone Biarritz that by 1981 had cracked in multiple area and I had a serious discussion with Taylor Cadillac about the poor quality of the seats (to there credit they replaced both front seats at cost with no charge for the labor). So I would say IMHO this is a pretty well preserved car.

V63

I absolutely agree it's a decent car at 50 years old...I'm just not buying into the 'actual miles'.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A lot of things can happen in five decades and condition can be almost anything regardless of how low the mileage. What does this one in is the ugly duckling color combination and the condition of the interior which is poor. There are plenty of low mileage high condition original 75/76 Cadillacs around which this car will never match no matter how much money is thrown at it. Seller's description is typical of those having little or no knowledge of what a real one looks like, nor what it would cost before this car would come close to passing for one.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

J. Skelly

The steering wheels for this era Cadillac have a tendency to crack.  The one on my '77 cracked in a couple of places several years ago and it only has 20,000 miles.  It's in an unheated garage.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)