News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado Convertible in Naples, FL

Started by joeinbcs, August 18, 2023, 12:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

Howdy all,
My uncle is in a bad way medically.  He and my aunt have just sold their house in Naples and will be staying in their indy place until he dies.  His Eldorado convertible is in the Naples garage and needs to go.
Its a great car, Phonecian Ivory/Cream/Tan Top.  New engine from Jasper Engines and Transmissions with 100K warranty at 72K miles, it now has 90.  This car has had "open checkbook" maintenance, always.  Recent carpet and new leather on front seats (twin comfort).  A really nice driver that I think he should be able to get $35K for given current market conditions.  Would love to find someone in SFL who could go get it and enjoy it.
I'll post pics a little later.  If you're on Facebook, I created a listing yesterday with a few pics.  My cousin is at the house now and will take a bunch of pics that I'll be able to share.  I've driven the car many times, and owned a couple of these myself.  You could be proud to own this one.  Let me know if you're interested!
Thanks, Joe Northrop (979) 324-6432
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

billyoung

Is the rear bumper still smashed in on the drivers side ?
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

joeinbcs

I see why you ask that.  I don't believe the car has been hit ever, but it does look odd from this angle. 
My cousin is at the house in Naples at the moment, and I'll see if I can get her to take some pics.
I don't believe the car has ever been hit.  As I said, I've owned a couple low mileage '76 Convertibles, and I've never noticed anything wrong with this one.
I'll try to get some more pics.  Feel free to call me if you're interested.  Thanks, Joe (979) 324-6432
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

V63

It's definitely pushed in but it's hard to tell if it's "smashed". The upper bumper vertical has a rubber 'cushion' that can collapse (by design) if impacted, also the gas charged absorbers on the lower bumper.

joeinbcs

Thanks for that.  While I've owned two of these myself, I never knew that.
The pics I've used here were taken in March, when this car was used as the centerpiece of a golf tournament award ceremony.  I didn't notice the top of the bumper, but was more concerned with my uncle's health than examining the car at the point.
I've asked my cousin to take pics of both sides of the rear bumper so I hope to be able to post them a little later today.
Appreciate the interest.  This is a nice car, and my uncle was obsessive about maintenance.  I know if he knew something wasn't perfect he would have fixed it, but I suppose he just didn't catch this.
He's probably spent about twice the asking price on this car over the years.
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It definitely took a wallop on the rear driver's side to push it in that far. Possibly a body shop can "pop" it back out as the bumper is mounted to energy absorbers as mentioned above. If not, the energy absorber will have to be replaced.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

joeinbcs

My uncle told me he backed into a pole.
But, as you can see from these pics taken a few minutes ago, it has been repaired (slight damage to the rubber bumper was not repaired...see pic).
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

joeinbcs

Here's a few more pics taken this morning.  Everything on the car works as designed...windows, seats, top, AC, etc.  This is a "no stories" car you can get into and enjoy.  I believe paint is original except for the bumper extensions.  Top was replaced a few years ago, and still looks new.  My uncle never put the top down.  He had skin cancer and didn't want to make it worse.  Unfortunately, the damage has progressed, and my cousins are insisting they stay in Indy, where they also have a house, so they can be looked after properly.  They sold their Naples place immediately, and need to have all their stuff gone in a couple weeks.
Note; Sharp eyes will notice the bit of stainless trim on the driver front bumper extention is rotated 90 degrees from its proper position.  I guess a detailer did this.  My cousin already fixed this.
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

The Tassie Devil(le)

Even though the top has never been put down, the Left side above the driver looks like it has shrunk, going by the upward curve of the material.

Plus, it also looks like the car has been rustproofed years ago, going by the couple of 1/2" holes in the door opening.   The same as my own '72 Convertible.   The people performing the task were too lazy to put simple plugs in the holes following the procedure.

If it has been rustproofed, then that is a plus.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

billyoung

I am sorry to hear of your Family health problems and subsequent need to sell this lovely car I was merely trying to help your case by pointing out a potential problem in selling it. God Bless you and your Family.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

joeinbcs

Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432