News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

How many 1936 series 75 were produced

Started by Frank Kilpatrick-21442, February 28, 2005, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Kilpatrick-21442

Does anyone know how many 1936 series 75, 7 passenger touring sedans were produced?

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi Frank,

I am writing the Authenticity Manual for Class 9 under which the 1936 Model 7523 7 passenger touring sedan falls. Sadly, I have not been able to get a breakdown by model of the 1936 Cadillacs of the numbers produced. Yann Saunders may know and I havent asked him yet (pshaw, pshaw on me!). Your best bet is to look in your roster when you get it. I believe you are a new member judging by your number. Engine numbers can give reasonable number, allowing for extra engines made.

Herewith the numbers for 70 and 75 series cars: 3110001-3115248.

I hope this helps,

Chris Bryant

Barry Wheeler #2189

I believe that this information is to be found in the back of Maurice Hendrys book about Cadillac. My copy is out in the garage and I may have a chance to get it when I go to Lions later on this evening. There are also official driving impressions from Cadillac that I may be able to send you from old Self Starters. These, incidently, should be placed in the Authenticity Manuals.

Frank Kilpatrick-21442

Thanks Chris and Barry for all your help, I knew the total for series 75 and was interested to see if there were numbers for 7523 models.  If you find anything of interest, please send. I finished mine and if you are interested would share pictures.  thanks again.

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi Frank and Barry,

Barrys comment about the Muarice Hendry book prompted me to look at it again and I found the breakdown by series (not specific model). Production of all Series 75 Cadillacs in 1936 was 3,227.

Cheers,

Chris