News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Reliable mechanic Los Angeles area?

Started by abatti83, March 12, 2021, 06:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abatti83

Does anyone know of any reliable mechanics in the Los Angeles area?
I am new to the club and new to owning a 1959 Cadillac.

Any help will be much appreciated thank you :-)

Abe Lugo

Los Angeles area is very large. Welcome to the CLC.  Im between Culver City and Downtown (mid city)  Try West Adams radiator they are a great general Mechanic shop. We use them for our daily cars when there is stuff I dont do.  Im sure they can take a look at a '59.  Specialized shops in LA would be way too stuffy. Unless you exactly what you need done, someplace like this would be fine.
But I would recommend general maintenance done by a regular guy in LA.  And get second opinions.
     If you need custom type work.  The Odd squad CC has a few guys that  do small jobs and are really into vintage cars.  They meet up on Wednesdays at the Coffee Bean off of Venice near Overland.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

KOKNEYELDO

I am in Thousand Oaks and my mechanic Cesar lives in the SF Valley and works on a lot of old Caddies, including my 75 Eldo. He is a great guy as well. Email me and I will send his contact info.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Steve W

Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Jaks79Britz

I'm looking for a reliable mechanic for my 79 Eldorado Biarritz too in LA area.  I'm in Cerritos, so would be great to find a shop in this area our North Orange County.

79 Eldorado Biarritz
79 Coupe Deville

Jpsheff

KOKNEYELDO, could I please have Cesar's contact info? I have a 1967 DeVille convertible, and my mechanic of 22 years just retired. Unfortunately not a month after he retired, my car can't get out of 1st gear!

Nomcalister

KOKNEYELDO I would love your mechanics info as well. I recently bought a 65 deville hardtop and live in Simi Valley and have been looking for a clean reliable mechanic near by
Nathan McAlister

KOKNEYELDO

send me an email (king.marine@verizon.net)
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

dbzsjones

If you're down by the port.

Paul's Auto Repair
1512 CA-1, Harbor City, CA 90710

It's a 2nd generation shop.  They don't specialize in old cars, but he had a 60s era Thunderbird in the shop last time I was there and he'd been maintaining it for years for the owner.  So I know they work on old cars.  The owner is present every day, the shop is clean and the work is professional.