News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1966 Fleetwood rear shocks.

Started by scotth3886, May 01, 2024, 03:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotth3886

I just did the first oil change of the season this morning and we pulled the end of one of the KYB Gas Adjusts out of the shock while up on the lift.  When we put the car down and started to back it up we saw a puddle of fluid on the floor.

We've had the discussion of gas versus hydraulic shocks before, but I can't find the thread.  I'm looking for something firmer than the Monroe MA728, which were far too loose, but maybe not as abrupt as a gas shock such as the KYBs. 

I remember a supplier I thought in Colorado or somewhere out in the mountain states who had really firm hydraulic shocks.

Any recommendation of who to call or what to use?

Thanks

scotth3886

I ordered QA1 adjustable hydraulic shocks, part number TS907.  Adjustable without removing the shock and almost 10" of travel.  The manufacture is out of them, so they don't ship until Friday.  So we'll see how these work out.  They look much like RideTech.