News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1937 lasalle bumper brackets, bent...

Started by bigbeckley@outlook.com, September 15, 2019, 09:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbeckley@outlook.com

Hello everyone. Bought a pair of rear bumper brackets for my '37 LaSalle... The inner pieces are bent inwards like someone hit the bumper. Would like for a kind soul to send me a tracing of the inner bumper piece. I need to get these pieces bent right because they also hold on the vertical bumper bars on. Thanks … John C. Lehman... 26365... Will include address later and pay postage...

DaveZ

Hi John,
   Yes a lot of those were bent:-( I had two that were bent too, either form being bumped or tweaking the hell out of the nut. I used the bumper itself because of the contour. Worked pretty good. If you need I can send you a tracing no big deal:-)
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

bigbeckley@outlook.com

Thanks Dave. With the help an Amish guy, we managed to get bolts in the holes. Then took torch and heated bumper brackets  real hot . Let them cool down and now they good to go... Thanks again Dave... John C. Lehman.. CLC # 26365... 

DaveZ

Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B