News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Heater hose routing diagram for 1949

Started by Cadman-iac, January 18, 2024, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I need to get a photo of the hose routing for a 49 Cadillac.
The reason I need it is I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between water pumps between the years of 1949 to 1962.

I have another thread concerning this, but the questions are getting lost in the length of the thread. So I thought I'd try asking for each specific year on a separate thread, and once I have all I need, then write a new thread for reference that hopefully will be locked and located near the top of one of the forums.

So anyone who has a 49, can you please supply me with a picture of how Cadillac ran the heater hoses, and maybe a few pictures of your water pump? 
My thanks for your assistance in this effort.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Jay Friedman

Richard, I can email you a diagram showing how heater hoses were hooked up in '49.  (Don't know how to post them here.)  You'll find my email address in the Georgia section of the CLC directory.  I can also email you a photo of a '49 water pump.

Jay
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Cadman-iac

Jay,
 That will work. I'll PM you with my email address.
 Thank you for your time and effort.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"