News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1949 Part # look up

Started by Rossoroo, March 12, 2024, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossoroo

Is there a manual available to look up GM parts by their number?
I've got what looks to be an interior trim part with my 49 when I bought it 11 years ago.
It was in a box of spare parts but I've yet to figure out where it belongs.
It has 4552258 embossed in it. I've scanned through the Master Parts List but couldn't find a listing for that number
49-6269 My First Caddy

Jay Friedman

Ross, post a photo of your part. Maybe I'll recognize it. Jay

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Rossoroo

Hi Jay, I'm suspecting this is interior trim. I just can't seem to see where it's contours would fit.
49-6269 My First Caddy

49 Caddy

Looks to me like a pc. of dash chrome that got bent up.

Jay Friedman

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

toybox

Could it be the retainer for a door seal around the hinges/ Just a guess, Tim

Rossoroo

Thanks Tim, That was an awesome guess. I found another like this on the front of the left rear door [photos, hard to get a decent angle] It's the same colour as the car. There isn't one on the right read door and neither of the front doors have anything like this. I guess it's black because it's from a donor car. Any chance of a photo or diagram of it on a proper install?
It appears the people who previously worked on this car got into every nook and cranny and screwed up.
49-6269 My First Caddy

toybox

Ross, the guess was just that . My 46 coup doesn't have them. I must have seen a similar one on my brother-in-law's 52 hardtop when I was helping him. Sorry, Tim

Rossoroo

No problem Tim,
Hopefully there will be some 49s at Gettysburg I can inspect.
I should make a list of the missing in action parts I have.
49-6269 My First Caddy