News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Kent Moore J-6320 Shaft Pilot Bushing -1959 Cadillac Air Conditioning Compressor

Started by Joshua, April 05, 2024, 04:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of resealing the air conditioning compressor on my 1959 Cadillac. As we all know, these compressors cannot be rebuilt, only resealed. I have many of the special tools necessary to do the job. I am wondering if anyone has done this job themselves and have any advice.

I am specifically looking for the following special tool: Kent Moore J-6320 (Shaft Pilot Bushing). I have attached pictures from the shop manual.

I would like to buy/rent/borrow this tool. If you have one or know of someone who has one, please consider getting in touch with me. It is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Josh  :D
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window
1964 Volkswagen Type I

CadillacFanBob

I do not see any photos of your shop manual to see what tool needed looks like?

Bill Sawrey of Tennessee is the used Kent Moore tool guy, he also has a store on e-Bay "toolzguy's"

If you do search on e-Bay for Kent Moore tool #J-9646 he will pop up.

Bob

EDIT: also on "Garage Journal" see "engineer2" sells Kent-Moore tools used.
Frankfort, Illinois

Joshua

Thank you very much for the leads, I will check them out. My apologies on the pictures not posting. I will attempt to post them below.

1964 Volkswagen Type I

Joshua

1964 Volkswagen Type I

Joshua

1964 Volkswagen Type I

CadillacFanBob

Looks like a plastic sleeve so new seal won't get damaged going onto the shaft, maybe you could improvise with some PCV round tube.

Where you able to find the special tool and did you contact the seller on e-Bay?

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Joshua

Thank you very much for the suggestions Bob. I was able to contact Bill and "Engineer2" directly. I also found a few other contacts who are selling Kent Moore tools. Unfortunately, none of them have the Kent Moore J-6320. According to Bill it likely went out of production in the 1970s and has no cross-reference part number. Unless I am able to find one, I think my next best option is to see if a local machine shop or metal work shot can create something similar. Thanks again for the help.

1964 Volkswagen Type I

Lexi

Quote from: CadillacFanBob on April 06, 2024, 12:07:24 AMI do not see any photos of your shop manual to see what tool needed looks like?

Bill Sawrey of Tennessee is the used Kent Moore tool guy, he also has a store on e-Bay "toolzguy's"

If you do search on e-Bay for Kent Moore tool #J-9646 he will pop up.

Bob

EDIT: also on "Garage Journal" see "engineer2" sells Kent-Moore tools used.

Wow! Great information there Bob. I did not know about these Kent Moore Tool selling guys. Thanks for posting. Clay/Lexi