News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951 hydraulic pump rebuild

Started by Dan S, April 09, 2024, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan S

I'm looking for sources or information on rebuilding a hydraulic pump for a 1951 Cadillac convertible. It appears to be an original "Motovator" pump with the motor mounted horizontal on top of the vertical reservoir, but I cannot find rebuild kits at any of my usual parts suppliers. For now I am trying to avoid paying $1400 for a reproduction, non-correct looking pump.

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

I believe Hydro electric rebuild those pumps, they run ads in the self starter with a photo of the pump.

timer2

Phil is correct, Hydro lectric rebuilds the pumps. They just rebuilt a pump AND controller for one of my Hudsons convertibles. They test for proper pump pressure after the pump rebuild and also test the controller. I bought all 4 window cylinders and two new lift cylinders from them and everything came working perfectly when installed. T Irvin

Dan S

Thanks. For now I just replaced the square cut o-ring that was leaking between motor and pump, as that was the reason for pulling it.