News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 series 60 data plate decoding info?

Started by JGrafton, April 09, 2024, 07:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGrafton

Hi everyone, I am trying to do a complete origional restoration of a 1937 Cadillac series 60 taking it down all the way to the frame. (it was an awesome barn find I got from some one, it seems like all the original parts are in boxes) but I am having trouble decoding the data plate.
 I know the style no. means that it is a 1937 series 60 and it is a 5 seater but I can not seem to find the trim no. info or the paint number. Any help would be appreciated.

style no.   37-6019
body no.  751
trim no.     41
paint no.   50

Warren Rauch #4286

37-6019 is a 5pass 4 door touring sedan

trim 41  is Tan Novelty Bedford cloth

Paint  50 is Black with wheels black,Flare Red  or Clearwater Green

Body number would be 751 of that body style. Only series 60 ,with no break down of styles production   is known. Including Comm.  chassis the total was 7000. I would guess over half were 4 doors,making your car an early one.

Warren

JGrafton

Thank you Warren, I spent 8 hours straight combing the internet trying to find that info to no avail. I greatly appreciate your response.

James

Tom Boehm

Join the Cadillac and Lasalle Club to get access to the club roster(contact info on other 1937 Cadillac owners) and names of club technicians who specialize in 1937 Cadillac.

The Cadillac and Lasalle Club publishes an "Authenticity Manual" on 1937 Cadillac. These are a compilation of information from many factory published period sources. See CLC website for purchase info. 

This forum will be having a rule change at the end of the month requiring everyone to be a CLC member to post on the forum.