News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Re: 1963 series 62 convertible - all the courtesy lights stay on

Started by Roberts 63, April 14, 2024, 01:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberts 63

Hello all on my 1963 series 62 convertible all the courtesy lights stay on. The map light comes on and off with the doors opening and closing correctly. That's the only one that works properly. I have to leave the bulbs out of the rest of the courtesy lights.

CadillacFanBob

Silly question,
 maybe the headlamp switch knob is turned to keep dash lights the brightest and went a little to far and keeps the interior lights on?

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Julien Abrahams

Is there a short somehwere that grounds the interior lights?
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

bcroe

Might be a badly adjusted door switch.  If headlight
switch is not in the inside light position, try
opening doors just one at a time, and pushing in
the light switch.  If that does not find it, a
wiring short might be it.  Bruce Roe

Chris McBride

I don't know if your convertible has the switch on the back seat for the rear courtesy lights.  If so, you may wish to verify that it is in the "off" position.

Original door jamb switches have been hard to find for a long time.  Consequently, the three prong door jamb switches have often been replaced throughout the years with two or one prong switches which may activate all the courtesy lights rather than just the front and rear. 

See, for example, the discussion at;

https://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/back-of-bench-seat-rear-courtesy-light-switch?commentId=6543066%3AComment%3A270473

The 63-64 forum has a search function where you can find many message strings on the courtesy lights and door jamb switches.

https://6364cadillac.ning.com/

hth

Chris