News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: 1968 DeVille Convertible r...
Last post by dogbergs - Today at 01:17:04 AM
Looks good Bill, now enjoy!

Johan
Restoration Corner / Re: 65 Eldorado-Tamo wood rest...
Last post by Chuck Swanson - Yesterday at 11:59:26 PM
Dark walnut.  Just installed this week finally :)

Had to redo the fuzzies and install properly with staples-they were also off by 3/4 inch to had to move them over,  remove extra leather under arm rest to lay flat, , door arm redo rest as plastic inside broken, rear 1/4 light area-re repair, etc...door handles-redo and install properly, mirror area, glue plastic properly, put correct serrated nuts on door arms and removed epoxy on 4 as was incorrect, redo leather on other arm rest as was not glued in curved area-now lays flat on plastic arm, and a number of other tasks such as removing wrong fasteners and installing correct ones.  Took around 20 hours+ to correct all the upholstery shop errors.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1949 Series 62 Front Sprin...
Last post by loburkhart - Yesterday at 11:49:47 PM
Thank you both very much for your help and photos.  I'll get some springs on order and go from there.

Larry
General Discussion / Re: Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 - Yesterday at 11:38:51 PM
Hi,
 I'd like to help. Please PM me.
Thanks, Bob
For Sale - Cars / Re: Cadillac Powered Stuart Ta...
Last post by Dave Ventresca - Yesterday at 11:03:53 PM
is the deuce and a half included? Dave
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 dealer installed AC s...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 10:59:41 PM
 Thanks, I'll have to look into that then. If nothing else, I can always cut it from a sheet of that masticated rubber. Just have to make a paper pattern first.

Rick
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Zinc additives
Last post by Jim Miller - Yesterday at 10:03:00 PM
Yes - you can add but easier to purchase oil made for classic cars.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 66 convertible project
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Yesterday at 09:58:45 PM
You probably know I like the 66 Cadillacs so I had to look. You folks in Maine have nice interiors.  I think with some spit and polish that interior can be saved for driver status.  And I expected it to be red, seems I have seen many red/red 66 Cadillac convertibles. I love saddle tan, so for me that would work. Nearly $10,000 does not work, plus $2,000 to get it to Iowa. 
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1957 1958 1959 Convertible...
Last post by 59-in-pieces - Yesterday at 09:58:06 PM
Brian,

Please post a couple pics - front & back & bezel.

Have fun,
Steve B.
For Sale - Cars / 1976 CdV $13,500 17,000 mil...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Yesterday at 09:54:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/578797013937978

This vehicle has been driven less than 17000 miles.  In excellent condition. With a little care this will be a show stopper.  Asking $13500.   Serious inquiries only please.