News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle Carpet
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 04:36:11 PM
Also, The original poster of this thread was not a member so it looks like he will not respond anymore. He could see our responses without a reply.
General Discussion / Stuck Engines
Last post by gkhashem - Today at 04:32:31 PM
This would be a first for me, I am going to be looking at a car that was taken out of long term storage with a stuck engine.

What should I be looking for so as to have some comfort that there was no damage done freeing it up.
General Discussion / Missing 1968 Cadillac trim par...
Last post by billyoung - Today at 03:04:05 PM
When new, on the bottom of the front license plate bumper opening there was a small trim piece that covered the split in the middle where the bumper was stamped. It was held on with a phillips head screw and they years later are almost always missing and there seems to be no spares ( I have searched ). So I obtained a 1/4 inch square piece of brass and formed one myself from memory of the one on my Mothers 1968 Cadillac that she bought at one year old. 4 hours of labor later, done, My memory works that way.
General Discussion / Re: 1940 La Salle Convertible ...
Last post by Abe Lugo - Today at 02:53:44 PM
I would 100% make sure the VIN on the chassis matches what ever is on the title or papers you have on the vehicle.  Be it bill of sale or pink. 

To register anywhere out of state these have to match to make it easy on the next guy.

I would do some research on the sales of these in the past couple of years. Compare and formulate an amount you are comfortable getting on it. 

Being that it is rare. Does translate into valuable. 
I saw a reasonable priced 1941 Cad sedan convertible sit for a year before it was finally sold.  Running driving car. 

Just figure out what you're happy with and go from there. 

Post it here if you are a member.
The biggest problem is you may be replacing a good original joint in favor of some overseas junk of unknown origin. That's why I said to have them checked by someone that knows what they are looking at and feeling for. Upper ball joints have to be felt for any and all movement.
General Discussion / Re: Back to the Bricks Dust th...
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 02:04:58 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on Today at 02:01:00 PMWhere was the show held?

The Dort Event Center. If you remember from long ago it was The old IMA Arena.

In the winter they even do a smaller show inside called Chrome and Ice.
General Discussion / Re: Back to the Bricks Dust th...
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 02:01:00 PM
Where was the show held?
I found the cap gasket here. The part number is the same as the one listed in my Cadillac master parts book.

https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/shop/search.lasso?vehtype=&Catalog=All&year=All&search=080445&searchtype=FT&Seach=Search
General Discussion / Re: Clean grounds and connecti...
Last post by Jay Friedman - Today at 01:29:28 PM
Good work.
General Discussion / Clean grounds and connections
Last post by Jim Miller - Today at 01:09:34 PM
I realized that I had not cleaned the grounds and connections on my 41 for some time. I disconnected everything around the battery and starter and cleaned and polished every connection. I even cleaned the ground strap which had become quite tarnished and dirty. Put back together and went for a gas fill up. Didn't notice much difference starting the car in the garage. But after filling up with gas, and the car was hot, she started very fast with the first tap of the button.