News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2013 CTS Coupe ...

Started by steve punzo, December 14, 2020, 10:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve punzo

Guys,  looking at a 2013 CTS Coupe with 64k miles (3.6 AWD)  to use as a daily driver.  If anyone has any advice on the reliability and common issues/problems to look for, I would greatly appreciate 

Thanks
Steve

Tpicks55

I looked at a 2013 when I bought my 2016.  Cadillac had problems with the CUE with that year being the first year for it, I believe.  New CUE go for  $1000.  If you can get the extended warranty on electronics.  My 2 cents.  Good luck.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

Rich S

Just to clarify, no CTS Coupes will have the "CUE" system ("Cadillac User Experience")--that touchpad system was introduced on the 2013 XTS Sedan.  The CTS model did not get the CUE system until its third generation, the 2014 (or later) CTS Sedan. A 2013 CTS Coupe is a second generation CTS model and it may or may not have a "pop-up" Navigation screen in the center, depending upon equipment level.

I have owned my 2013 CTS Coupe since brand new and it has been a great, trouble-free car, and I have almost 52,000 miles on mine. I have the 3.6 Liter Direct Injection V-6 with rear wheel drive and the FE3 (sport) suspension with 19" wheels. I have all the options available. The CTS-4 Coupes (all wheel drive models) were not available with the FE3 suspension option (and thus they have 18" wheels.) My car is quite well-built and exhibits greater quality compared to the 2008 CTS-4 Sedan traded for the 2013 CTS Coupe. My CTS Coupe rides very solidly regardless of the road surface and it is free of rattles or squeaks. The CTS Coupe still receives many compliments from strangers, and friends, on a regular basis. I hope to hold on to the car for a while. It is unfortunate Cadillac has abandoned making a car in this segment, especially with distinctive Cadillac styling such as the CTS Coupe exhibits, when their competitors still offer Coupes. The earlier Coupe models do not have the "back-up" camera, nor the "blind zone alert" features--and those without the Navigation package have only a small camera screen within the rear view mirror, rather than the larger back-up camera in the pop-up screen on cars equipped with Navigation system. I would recommend those features, and also the back-up sensors (in the bumper), since they will be helpful. I also highly recommend the "high intensity discharge headlights" option and those lights actually turn a few degrees with the front wheels--they really provide superior illumination when driving at night.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

cadillacmike68

CUE:
Cadillac
User
Exasperation

The Primary reason I don't want a 2014 or later.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike