News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1974 Eldorado Convertible top tweaking

Started by danjarrett1, April 22, 2024, 03:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danjarrett1

I had my top replaced about 7 years ago in. A local,shop. Good guys, said they had experience with the six or tops...and I don't deny it. However, Experian;Lt...it looks great, it is a vinyl top which I was told was superior to a canvas top.. I did replace whatever hardware they suggested, also I changed out the motor and relay to new units. I also replaced the rubber trim. The windows done really close fully without twisting, I can stick my hand between the frame and the top at the drivers position....lots of little things. Here's my question:

I live in Paducah, Ky...FAA e]western KY. Does anyone know of a shop that trulyu drrstands alignment and how to tweak on of these tops for perfect/good fit? I don't have a problem traveling if it with the car, just need to find a shop that knows them. Thanks.
1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
2007 Cadillac Escalade
1980 Cadillac Seville “Bustleback”
1985 Cadillac Eldorado

The Tassie Devil(le)

Can you post a picture of what you are describing?

Has this happened suddenly? or over a long period of time?

It might be a simple fix.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible