News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1982 Eldorado Hubcap Locks

Started by BigOldGroundBoat, May 15, 2024, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigOldGroundBoat

I got an 82 Eldorado with locking hubcaps and no key. Is ther any way to unlock them without the key? If anyone is willing to sell one let me know.
Looking for a caddy

-E

TJ Hopland

They are supposed to be identified by color.  The 'keys' have a colored plastic cap to identify them.  If you can see any signs of the color you may be able to find one on a place like ebay. 

Without the key I'm not sure.  If they were off recently you would have a chance of turning it with something like a long nose vicegrip but if they have been sitting a while they could be sort of stuck. I guess you could try some of the stripped nut removal tools.  I don't think its big enough for a locking lug nut removal tool to work.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

smokuspollutus

I have used an air chisel to cut a groove in them and then remove with a regular screwdriver. A sledge and socket will work too if that's all you have.