News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Steve Plunkett's collection

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, April 05, 2024, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Was it featured in the SS recently? If so, what year & month?
 Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

J. Skelly

Hi Bob,

I hope you are doing well.  The Jeopardy answer is: August 2023

page 8
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Lexi

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on April 05, 2024, 05:47:31 PMWas it featured in the SS recently? If so, what year & month?
 Thanks, Bob

That would be the article I wrote, titled; "An afternoon with Steve Plunkett". As Jim reported, August 2023 Self Starter. Attached is the first page of the article. Don't think the CLC would want me to post all of it. Another good reason for non-members to join the CLC. I believe there is also a Self Starter search service, and/or listing for past articles. These can greatly assist in your technical and restoration projects. A good resource to have. Clay/Lexi

Carfreak

If anyone ever has the opportunity, Steve's cars are pretty phenomenal. And he's a down to earth, very nice guy. 

For many years Steve opened his car collection and property to a huge (3500 vehicle) one day charity car show the Fleetwood Country Cruise In.  Some years there was even a Saturday evening dinner / concert featuring well known musical groups from the 1950s and 1960s.  Seating for 2,000 under Canada's largest tent.

Until he passed George Barris, his original Batmobile and other 'name' guests would be available for meet and greet. One year Adam West and Julie Newmar flew in on the Bat Copter. A crowd was on the ground waiting for their arrival accompanied with the Bat Cycle and Bat Boat nearby to a collection of Red Porsche Tractors and the Futureliner.  Steve drove Mr. West in the Batmobile with George sitting on the fender. Another year we spent the day with our Hurst Olds parked in an area honoring Ms. Hurst Shift Linda Vaughn.

Several years there were also live displays such as the Canadian Air Force Harvard Air Craft mini air show or the Square Dancing Farm Tractors. There usually was a group of Amphicars giving rides through the pond for anyone interested. As for Cadillacs, many of the owners parked together as one or two groups at the event also. Dang, I miss that show!

Sorry I can't show pics of the Batcopter, Adam, George & Steve in the Batmobile, the gorgeous Porsche tractors or Ms. Linda Vaughn since that would violate the Forum Rules and the Big Mod would delete them. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.