News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Who is Rita Songer or Chris Logged

Started by 59-in-pieces, April 08, 2024, 10:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

I need your help.

I don't want to go off half cocked like I did with CadillacVille - but.

I have located a rear SS trim piece for a 59 Cad Eldo Bucket Seat.
The contact was by a message in the forum from Chris Logged - Bernard34 introducing me to Rita Songer - songarritaemail addresses not permitted.
Supposedly her husband was a long time Club member who died about 3 years ago.
Maybe no surprise, he is not noted in the Oklahoma International Members Registry.

Why am I nervous, because of her physical condition she does not have a picture, but wants the money up front sent to her daughter's email - friends and family - and will send a picture when a friend - daughter maybe - can send me a picture before it's packaged. but wants me to send the money PayPal before seeing the trim.

I have tried to use the search function on the forum for Chris Logged and Bernard34 with no results, even though he shows as a member and has posted 4 time before.

Does anybody know of these folks, and can vouch for Chris, Rita, or Rita's husband.
Telephone number is for Oklahoma and if I can get address would anybody be willing to take a reasonable trim to check out the SS trim, understood not for free.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Carfreak

Rita comes highly recommended by Bernard34?!?!?   ::)  :P  >:(

Stop right there!  Bernard34 was sending Messages to several people here it sounds like offering a variety of parts. 

Deleted & banned from the Forum:  https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?topic=174571.0

I searched the CLC Membership Directory, neither Songer or Logged are in the Membership Roster.

Any CLC Member can research to see if someone is listed in the Directory.   
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

The Tassie Devil(le)

The name you are searching for is Benard34, not Bernard34, but once a Member has been banned, they are no longer listed as being a member.

I just tried a Member Search, and cannot see it, but the Ban listing is still there for Administrators and Moderators.

The Forum has been hit by too many Spammers, and they will go to any means to try and rip anyone off.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Tales of illnesses, deaths and request of third party payments is more than I would need to know. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jwwseville60

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Bottom line is; Nothing up front.
Show me a pix of the part with a post it saying the word 'Shoe' or some other obscure word that I choose.
And never, never pay anything that doesn't give protection such as PayPal Goods and Services.
Does that mean that I have passed on some legitimate parts, probably. Bit better than getting scammed.
Remember, if it makes you go Hummmm??? It's a hard pass.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

59-in-pieces

Thank you all for your opinions.
All sage advice.
NO DEAL and crickets from me.

If Chris or Benard34 or Bernard34 - as he calls himself - has been banned then WHY WAS HE ABLE TO IM OR PM ME THROUGH THE FORUM SYSTEM.
Is the slight re-spelling of the name enough to get through.

Have fun - SAVED,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

wendelltwmssr@aol.com

Indeed I spoke of her yesterday on this site, a complete scammer is what she is a liar and a thief

Cadillac Jack 82

I received a reply regarding the antenna for a 1959.  As soon as I saw this I deleted the number.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on April 09, 2024, 11:19:35 AMIf Chris or Benard34 or Bernard34 - as he calls himself - has been banned then WHY WAS HE ABLE TO IM OR PM ME THROUGH THE FORUM SYSTEM.
Is the slight re-spelling of the name enough to get through.
Steve B. 
Anything that you received through the PM system would have been done before he was banned.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

fnave@cox.net

Yes, a scammer... excited they had parts I needed. Took me for a little money... came back wanting more and for me to mail them cash... which I would not do. "Rita" even sent me an address to mail the cash to for shipping insurance...red flags for sure but could report the address if there is an investigation. Remember, if you use PayPal and choose family/friends... you have no dispute options... once bitten, twice shy.

Lexi

The Authorities should come down hard on these A-holes. But in today's world, we as a society tend not to go after the bad guys like we used to but when we do-the court system often lets us down. Remember what happened to horse thieves when caught back in the day? Awwww the good ole days. Lots of negative re-enforcement there. Using this CLC Forum when buying Cadillac parts from established members with a proven track history, as well as from those who advertise in the Self Starter; I have had only positive experiences. A big thank you to those I have had dealings with. There are a lot of great individuals on this site and in the Self Starter. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Hang 'em High Foley  Clay/Lexi

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Lexi on April 10, 2024, 12:14:23 PMThe Authorities should come down hard on these A-holes. But in today's world, we as a society tend not to go after the bad guys like we used to but when we do-the court system often lets us down. Remember what happened to horse thieves when caught back in the day? Awwww the good ole days. Lots of negative re-enforcement there. Using this CLC Forum when buying Cadillac parts from established members with a proven track history, as well as from those who advertise in the Self Starter; I have had only positive experiences. A big thank you to those I have had dealings with. There are a lot of great individuals on this site and in the Self Starter. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Hang 'em High Foley  Clay/Lexi

100٪ agree!!  To add, I believe that if someone is caught as a gang member that they are automatically an organ donor. Quarantine them for 6 months to make sure they don't have any diseases, then divide them up to those who need the parts, either one at a time or all at once.
 Solves two problems at once.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

Quote from: Cadman-iac on April 10, 2024, 12:27:47 PM100٪ agree!!  To add, I believe that if someone is caught as a gang member that they are automatically an organ donor. Quarantine them for 6 months to make sure they don't have any diseases, then divide them up to those who need the parts, either one at a time or all at once.
 Solves two problems at once.

Rick

Yes, also do the terms Keel Hauling and Drawn and Quartering come to mind? Or even an Iron Maiden, (not the Heavy Metal group). Crime would drop exponentially. 100+ years Law Enforcement in my family, 37 of which are mine. Seen it all and 14 years as a Forensic Scientist. Criminals are opportunists. They (most of them) don't want to die. Negative re-enforcement is the only answer for most of them. But worried for our cars...

Seeing that we are on the topic of criminals and thieves. Car theft is rising here, (up some 600% in some locales), and is now out of control. Do-gooders just wringing their hands as usual: "WTF do we do...woe is me...we can't punish the bad guys...". Gag me with a spoon. Do any of you have plans for welding a brake pedal imobilizer either for your classic Caddy or even your daily driver? That augmented by the steering wheel "Club" anti-theft device would be a good deterent. Looking for ideas, even if just pictures. How do you secure your classic Caddy, if at all?

As for those to buy from when it comes to Cadillac; the Cadmaniac is one of our great members as well as someone I had a wonderful experience buying parts from. Rick, I will get back to you, but has been a ton on my plate recently and not all good. Have not forgot you. Also got some tool and Cadillac news for you. Taking Lexi out for the upcoming driving season is just around the corner. Clay/Lexi

59-in-pieces

Nave,

I did not know that sending money through PayPal by - friends and family - was not covered by PayPal like buying parts , and the like.
It does make sense that if you send money to your old aunt and she spends it on the ponies and they lose, PayPal wouldn't make you whole.
DUH!!

Clay and Rick,

100$ in spades agree with you guys.
I favor Judge Roy Bean - the hang'n Judge, only justice west of the Pecos in TX.
Then there is also the application of the "coupe de grase", and out with the trash on Wednesday (our trash day) in a black unmarked plastic bag.

Justice must be swift and final, with punishment on national TV.

Have fun - storming the castle,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cadman-iac

Clay,

I've been playing with a brake line-lock that I've seen used in tow trucks when they are recovering a vehicle and don't want the truck to move during the recovery.
I've got one in my truck on the rear brake line. To activate, after you apply the brakes, you switch on the power to the lock, and then you can release the brake pedal and the lock maintains the pressure to the rear brakes without having to actually have your foot on the pedal.
You can turn off the vehicle and walk away and the brake is still applied. The only way to release it is to press the pedal and turn off the power to the lock. The lock maintains the pressure after the power is applied until the pressure coming from the master cylinder is higher than the pressure when it was activated. Even when you turn off the car and power is off to the lock, it will not release the brakes. It's like a check valve for lack of a better term.
The drawback is that you have to tie into your brake line at a junction or cut and flare to fit it in. The switch can be hidden from view if you want, but not necessary.
You can use them on the front as well. I would suggest that you make sure your system is in good condition first.
 Just something different than the usual engine kill switch many use.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Lexi

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on April 10, 2024, 01:51:28 PMJustice must be swift and final, with punishment on national TV.
Steve B.

You are absolutely correct. And yes to public punishments. Even capital punishment does little good if the bad guys think they can live on death row for 30 or 40 years and cheat what they owe society-as they wade through the lengthy appeals & delays processes. Cripes, I worked on cases where criminals even killed people just to get back into prison where they knew they would have their meals and lodgings taken care of by the State. Got to get off this topic before it is locked by the moderators. Might start a new one for securing our Cadillacs which I noted above as this car theft nonsense is out of control, at least up here. Clay/Lexi

Art Director

And reasons like these is why the CLC is going to members-only posting effective May 1.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Cadman-iac

Maybe like in the old west we need public hangings, or we could adopt the French method and use a guillotine.
 If that's broadcast to the public I can bet more of these assholes would think twice about committing a crime.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Lexi

All for public executions in some cases. Bring your gingham blankets and have a picnic. Crime will exponentially drop. Even if I am wrong, which I doubt, there will be no recidivism as the bad guys will be gone. Zero repeat offenders. Don't see the "bleeding hearts" changing anytime soon though. I just hope they don't turn their attention to outlaw classic car use and keep us from driving our Cadillacs on a public road. Would not put that past them. Clay/Lexi