News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Once ANY hubcap is on a 1966 Cadillac? Does that make them 1966 Cadillac hubcap?

Started by V63, April 11, 2024, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V63

Asking for a friend 🤦🏻�♂️, I'm the one that suggested he had the wrong year on the hubcaps which went ignored.

Clewisiii

I bought fender turn signal indicators from a 61 without seeing them. When I got them they were 62. I told the guy and he said they came off a 61 he was stripping. His car had been in an accident and repaired with a 62 front end at some time in it's life.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

dn010

I have 58 hubcaps on my 57 because they're much cheaper, especially if one is lost or stolen.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

The Tassie Devil(le)

The problem is that not everyone is educated in the specifics of what we use, and if it fits, then it must be right.

When I do a search on eBay, I always add "-fits" to the search, and this simple 5 keystrokes removed thousands of parts.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Joe G 12138

Quote from: dn010 on April 11, 2024, 03:52:31 PMI have 58 hubcaps on my 57 because they're much cheaper, especially if one is lost or stolen.
[/quote
   And I took the '57 wheelcovers off of my '50 after buying it...before driving it home for the same reason]

V63

There is a difference,
At least here the reference to the wheel covers is by their proper year model. 

not offering 1958 model covers as 1957 models simply because they were removed from a 1957 model or offering 1957
models because they were removed from a 1950.

dn010

My point was simply that some people willingly choose to put the wrong year hubcaps on their cars. Maybe that was the case with someone down the line who put the later 60's caps on the 66 which your friend now thinks is correct since they "came off a 66". You can always politely send the link below to him to gently prove what belongs on his car, if it is important to him.

https://www.hubcaps.org/deville.html
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

V63

I do agree, I offered the suggestion...and just makes you wonder 🤷🏽�♂️