News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"Bullets or Ballots" on TCM

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, April 12, 2024, 10:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

First film with Robinson and Bogie together. Maybe one interior shot of a Cadillac but lots of 1936 Buicks including a light colored coupe with skirts. And Joan Blondell had a really neat Packard. There was one shot of Edward G. in a convertible coupe, but they never showed it below the belt line. (You can't "pause" TCM when it's live to make sure of all the makes.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

TJ Hopland

According to Internet Movie Car Database its a 33 355C and a 36 series 60.

https://www.imcdb.org/movie_27407-Bullets-or-Ballots.html
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Alan Harris CLC#1513

This has come up on other forums. Warner Brothers pictures prominently featured Buicks. Think about Casablanca in the airport scene at the end or Bette Davis and her 1940 Buick wagon in Now, Voyager or Jack Benny in George Washington Slept Here. Pretty much every prominently shown car in a Warner Brothers picture of that time was a Buick. It would be interesting to know what kind of a deal they had.

Jay Friedman

Today it seems to me that most cars shown in modern 1920s to 40s period films are Model A Fords.  I think there are 2 reasons: one is that that there are so many of them still extant; the second is that it's simplest for the "Transportation Captain" (the guy in the production company in charge of cars) to just call one of the many Model A clubs and ask for the cars needed.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."