News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is there a 1961/1962 Chapter or sub-group?

Started by SteveB3155, April 16, 2024, 06:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveB3155

I've been noticing some sub-groups for specific years.  Some have their own resources like web pages. I'm wondering if there's a group for 1961/1962 owners/enthusiasts? Perhaps I've missed it, or will have to figure out how to start one.
1961 Series 62 Convertible

Clewisiii

There was a 61/62 forum. I really liked the specificity. And we had a lot more engagement and comradery. The site went down over night once and it was all lost.

We then piggy backed on the Midcentury Cadillac forum. Soon the 61/62 info on that site was more then half the traffic. That site manager decided he wanted out and was did not want to give up the reins to anyone to continue. he gave us a warning and a period of time before it shut down. I liked the set up of the midcentury Cadillac site. It was like this forum but had more enhancements.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

I had done so many write ups and photo albums(which we had on that site) for each part that I had restored. So everyone could see the how to and photos for everything 61/62 that I had.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

David Greenburg

No, there isn't one within the CLC. As Clewisiii notes, there used to be an independent online group. But several of the refugees are here
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

SteveB3155

Yes, I remember the Mid-Century Cadillac group and was sad it just disappeared.  I just noticed there is a 59/60 group, and a 63/64 group.  Guess I just want to hang with my fellow Skegs!
1961 Series 62 Convertible

Bryan J Moran

I think it's great that we have these chapters, as Jason said in the Ark thread - we need to encourage new chapters.   

And - Cadillac more than any other make - had styling themes that enhanced chapters. 

No doubt most can see the 59-60 as a chapter, 61-62 and then 63-64.  I love 65/66. 

1st gen FWD 67-70.  You could go on and on. Perhaps there needs to be a chapter coordinator- not an administrator- but someone that creates the now non existent chapters and promotes their growth.  Waiting on someone to create them like Jason did - is fine, but that's not leadership. 

Just my opinion but I think Jason is on the right track.
CLC 35000 in number only

Carfreak

Quote from: Bryan J Moran on April 17, 2024, 09:55:31 PMI think it's great that we have these chapters, as Jason said in the Ark thread - we need to encourage new chapters.   

Perhaps there needs to be a chapter coordinator- not an administrator- but someone that creates the now non existent chapters and promotes their growth.  Waiting on someone to create them like Jason did - is fine, but that's not leadership. 

Just my opinion but I think Jason is on the right track.

The CLC Board particularly the Chapters' VP, encourages, supports and guides members wanting to start a new Chapter.   Remember everyone except a few positions (ie.e. webmaster, S/S editor & CLC Office Manager) are volunteers.

Most of us appreciate the time and effort volunteers contribute to improve the Club but it would be a bit much to expect them to treat it like an unpaid full-time job.

As past S/S Editor Michaline Larson has often said 'many hands make the task easier' or something like that. I'm sure she requoted it from someone else but never the less, we need more members to step up, offer to take on a task, help at the GN, organize a Driving Tour, be a Forum Moderator, start a new Chapter, do something - anything.   

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.