News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Bia...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 06:33:47 AM
I think you were lucky to even find them on FleaBay. Buy them and get them re-chromed.

Cheap money for almost unobtainable parts. JMHO
For Sale - Cars / Re: Cadillac Powered Stuart Ta...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 06:05:44 AM
For the family that has almost everything!
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1966 Deville convertible E...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 03:22:22 AM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Today at 01:24:40 AMWith all the exposed connections, one wouldn't want to drive it anywhere, especially if it is raining.

Bruce. >:D

Could prove to be quite a shocking experience are you saying? Lol!!
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 57 Flletwood right hand wi...
Last post by Andy Green - Today at 03:21:37 AM
Hi Dan, thanks for looking for me and for coming back. I was told about a guy in the UK that had some so I have bought those, they look in good shape on the photos but they haven't arrived yet. Have a good day when you pick this up. Andy
General Discussion / Re: What's Going On Here
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 01:45:03 AM
Quote from: Art Director on Yesterday at 07:12:46 PMHey Bruce, I thought the general public could view the Forum, but not be able to send PMs nor post messages.
G'day Tim,

By Accessing the Forum, I was meaning looking at it.   To go deeper, then one has to join.

Anyone joining since the 1st May, has to be authenticated before they can go further.   Many have passed through the process, but some have been rejected due to a number of reasons.   IP address is a Spammer, email address is a Spammer, and incorrect Membership Number.

Spammers trying to get in are not approved, and some with an incorrect Membership Number have been sent emails to supply the correct information before they get in.

Moderators are working behind the scenes to weed out the spammers.   Remember, Spammers will still try.

With all the exposed connections, one wouldn't want to drive it anywhere, especially if it is raining.

Hi all, I've been trying to locate the Chrome Latches that hold the center of the parade boot to the sides for a 59 Biarritz.  I've found a used set on Ebay, but they need to be rechromed ,and the guy wants $400 for them. Is there a site that has them in great shape ?

Thanks for your help,
Robert.
General Discussion / Re: 55 cadillac rear seat
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 11:56:18 PM
Just went out and checked my 55 parts car to make sure I didn't give you bogus information.
There are indeed 4 clips on the front edge of the package shelf. And the lower outer edge of the seat back has a slotted bracket built into the seat frame, and the tabs are mounted on each wheel well just inside the doors. The tab goes through the bracket and then it gets bent over to keep the seat in place.

This is the same for either a 2 or 4 door. If you have a 2 door, I'd have to look at mine for the location of the tabs. My 55 is a 4 door.

Rick
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 dealer installed AC s...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 09:42:49 PM
  Cold and efficient, works great. If you want it warmer, that's what the temp lever is for.
General Discussion / Re: 55 cadillac rear seat
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 09:29:39 PM
  The seat back is installed first, it hooks to the package shelf on the 3 or 4 hooks that stick out from it. Hook it then on the bottom there is a metal piece that you fold over the tabs on each side of the seat back at the bottom, if that makes sense. I haven't done one in quite a while, but I believe the metal tabs go through a slot on the bottom of each side on the seat back.
Once that's in place, install the seat bottom by inserting it under the back and push the front edge down into the holes in the floor. I believe those are square.

Hope this helps and I haven't confused you. It's fairly easy and simple. Good luck and enjoy.

Rick