News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1952 Series 60 Fender Skirt

Started by CadillacFlashback, March 16, 2024, 09:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacFlashback

Today I purchased a great looking '52 Fleetwood 60 anniversary edition.  Unfortunately my excitement was tempered upon arriving home to see I lost the right side fender skirt during the trip because Im an idiot and didn't take them off and put them in the truck when I loaded it on the trailer.

The series 60 skirt is unique, correct?  Anyone have suggestions where I might find one?

I am so frustrated with myself...

Scott Forman
'73 Eldo Pace Car festival car #12
'93 Allante (daily driver)
'11 CTS-V Coupe
'78 Seville Elegante
'52 Fleetwood 50th Anniversary
Some non-Caddy stuff too

Quentin Hall

The Fleetwood skirt is longer than the standard 62 Sedan.
All 50 thru 53 coupes and Fleetwoods share this longer skirt.
They are getting harder to find. They are particularly prone to rust behind the rubber and behind the stainless. But the best one you can find otherwise they are tricky to repair.
Stainless is often grazed. ie more repair time and $$$
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Lexi

Quote from: CadillacFlashback on March 16, 2024, 09:27:53 PMToday I purchased a great looking '52 Fleetwood 60 anniversary edition.  Unfortunately my excitement was tempered upon arriving home to see I lost the right side fender skirt during the trip because Im an idiot and didn't take them off and put them in the truck when I loaded it on the trailer.

Out of curiousity do you think one was stolen, OR did it just fall off due to rust and/or an improper fit? Clay/Lexi

CadillacFlashback

Lexi-it fell off while hauling it home.  It was in great shape and fit well, I obviously didnt latch it well enough when I checked behind it.  My own fault. 

I have sourced a replacementin usable condition.  Not nearly as nice as the one I lost but I'll clean it up.  For the base of knowledge of the group...the 60 Special skirt is the same as the two-door skirt of the same year.
Scott Forman
'73 Eldo Pace Car festival car #12
'93 Allante (daily driver)
'11 CTS-V Coupe
'78 Seville Elegante
'52 Fleetwood 50th Anniversary
Some non-Caddy stuff too

jdemerson

That is true, Scott, and a surprise to some. In that generation, the Series 62 Sedan was shorter and had a differen trunk lid as well. The Coupe DeVille, 62 Hardtop, Convertible, and 60 Soecial were all longer and the difference was all behind the rear seat. The interior dimensions of a Series 62 Sedan and the 60 Special sedan are very nearly identical. Of course the Series 61 of 1950 and 1951 was a smaller car than any of these.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn