News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1939, 1940 Underseat heater?

Started by Poncholover, May 30, 2021, 06:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poncholover

This is for sale near me. Is this something that will fit my '40 B body?
Flattie Caddy

Tom Boehm

Hello D, This appears to be an aftermarket heater. Not GM. Look at the sticker.  It looks like someone tried to use wood strips to make it fit. You might have to do the same. The only way you can tell for sure if this will work on your car is to hold it up to the floor.

Poncholover

Thanks for your input, these cars are still a bit out of my wheelhouse.
Flattie Caddy

DaveZ

I have a couple factory 1940 heaters from a 5219 if you are looking and the control. I know they didn't leak, but never tried to run them. They do spin though.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

Poncholover

This rig should be yard driving this summer... So time to resume parts hunting :)
Does anyone have under seat heater interchange data for a 1940?
I may have some 41+ Buick heaters available, would these do me any good?
Flattie Caddy

Tom Boehm

Hello Poncho, I tried to find  the answer to your  question in my Cadillac master parts book. My  book was published in 1949. I found the right page but my book does not have listings for some parts (including underseat heater) from pre 1941.

A Cadillac Master Parts Book from closer to 1940 will tell which years Cadillacs used the same underseat heater as 1940.

It is possible to find out which other GM divisions used the 1940 Cadillac/Lasalle underseat heater. Some of those guys on the AACA forum have interchange books for all GM.