News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

adding an inline fuel pump and filter (1949 Cadillac series 62)

Started by Po3824, May 03, 2024, 11:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Po3824

I am interested in adding an inline fuel pump and filter near the gas tank, can anyone suggest what brand and model in order to provide the correct pressure and volume to my 1949 Cadillac series 62 engine?
Patrick O'Kelly
pokelly45email addresses not permitted
248-797-1383

TJ Hopland

Is there a specific issue you are trying to solve?   I'm just asking because inline pumps come with their own set of issues and are not good at solving some of the issues people think they are fixing by installing them. The note about the filter was one thing that raised an eyebrow. 

Are we also dealing with 6v and or pos ground here?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

toybox

Google Walt's Work Bench. Walt was a Cadillac guy on this sight for years and he has some very good points about this very thing among hundreds of others. I followed all his advice and experience when I restored our 46 coup and was never disappointed Tim