News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

I'm near Oakland,ca I'll keep eye out for you.
Want To Buy - Parts / 1941 Cadillac front fenders
Last post by 1941cadillac - Today at 06:37:32 PM
Need two front fenders for a 1941 Cadillac series 63. Also does anyone know if they are interchangeable with series 61 sedan?
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Another ill transmission
Last post by bcroe - Today at 06:16:10 PM
Quote from: TJ HoplandThey said around 20 years is still about the lifespan of the soft parts that let them work correctly so if you refresh them around every 20 years you can get away with just the soft parts kit which tend to still be available and reasonably priced.   

My experience as well, refresh the soft parts after
a couple decades, might save your hard parts by
avoiding a bad (black and smelly) failure like that
for a long time.  Bruce Roe
My recollection is that not only was dealer installed a/c the same appearance as factory, but the cost was also the same as if factory installed. I found this rather incredible given how much extra work would have been involved. 
My recollection of the dealer installed factory AC is that the kit included radiator, fan, had generator, fan shroud, all the refrigeration components an a Frigidaire compressor as well as all the necessary pulleys, brackets, bolts and do dads necessary for a complete system.
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Bob Kielar - Today at 05:08:50 PM
On my 55 Fleetwood the dome light only works with the rear doors and the b pillar switch. The front doors only turn on the map light that is above the radio there is also a switch on the map light so you can turn it on with the doors closed. This is the same with the b pillar switch you can turn the dome light on with all doors closed or open. To me it seems odd that the front doors do not turn on the dome light. I looked at the wiring schematics that I have and there is no mention of four door dome light or map light wiring.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1979 Seville no injector p...
Last post by bcroe - Today at 04:58:46 PM
Your ignition (with ESS) working OK?  Put a couple spoonfuls
of gas down the throttle body and it should start to run for a
couple of seconds. 

Those systems should start the engine even at 10V. 
An ECU might not give crank rotation pulses because
the SPEED SENSORS on the HEI are bad, but you already
replaced it.  Check the timing chain slack, or even
for a complete failure.  There is a circuit in the
ECU to inhibit injection pulses if cranking at Wide
Open Throttle.  Unplug the TPS to make sure it is
not shorted to read this, but an internal ECU issue
can also do this (just fixed one of those).   

The ECU could have a bad MAP or other failure to stop
pulses.  You might want to send the ECU here for test
and repair, almost all the 70s Cad ECUs I see at this
age have problems.  Bruce Roe    bcroe@juno.com
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1941 Cadillac Series 62 Co...
Last post by sdigesualdo - Today at 04:38:01 PM
Thank you all for your interest in my '41 Convertible.  The car sold today on Hemmings!
Scott
For Sale - Parts / California Car Cover, Indoor
Last post by NB-56CADDY - Today at 04:18:00 PM
California Car Cover (indoor, soft and plush, protects car against dings and dust) for sale for 1956 Cadillac Series 62. Excellent condition, new one costs about $400. Selling mine for $200 OBO, plus shipping cost (located in SC). Please message me if interested. Thank you.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1973 Fleetwood Brougham, N...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 03:55:48 PM
  It's awfully odd that the odometer has landed exactly on 54,000 miles. It's possible, just odd.

Rick