News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1955 S62 Coupe for sale -- very high end restoration 2/3 done

Started by Caddy Wizard, May 15, 2023, 09:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

1955 S62 Coupe (a car I call "Aunt Dot").  Dresden Blue with White top (original factory color combo).  Was undergoing a no-expense-spared, over-the-top restoration at White Post in Virginia when prior owner passed away.  He had spent $130K on restoration (not including the cost of the car itself).  Paintwork alone (not including body prep) was $26,000!  So much is already done: engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, differential, etc.  All done to an extreme quality level.

I have spent a further $13K on replating the chrome (including all exterior chrome and even the instrument cluster) and polishing stainless and another $3,000 on a kit of rubber items (window gaskets, door seals, light seals, etc.).  So the car has had nearly $150,000 put into it to date. Incredible car for someone to finish.

This is a S62 coupe, not a Coupe deVille.  It has optional Sabre wheels and dealer-installed Eldorado upper door moldings (see the holes in the upper door and quarter panel).  These moldings are in very nice shape such that they do not need to be replated, IMO. Includes a new wiring harness, new fuel tank, etc.  Much hardware is already zinc plated.  Lots of little parts are already refurbished and painted black for reassembly.  Needs interior (all pieces are present, but needs to be reupholstered).

Rare opportunity to end up with as close to a "new" 55 Cadillac as is humanly possible.

1955 is my favorite year model.  Only selling because I have 4 antique Cadillacs and am newly remarried with a second family. So one needs to be sold.  As some of you may know, I am rather knowledgeable and a skilled mechanic.  If interested, I could complete the car for the buyer for my normal charge of $80 per hour plus expenses -- I know 55 Cadillac's very well.

$45,000.

Art Gardner
for-oh-for 375 threeseven50
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Caddy Wizard

This car almost sold.  The buyer only backed out after deciding that he really wanted a black car and that it would be a shame to redo the incredible paint work already on the car.  He drove several hours to come look at it.  After he backed out of the tentative deal we had, he told me that I have the car priced too low!
Art Gardner