News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

What has Ebay done for you lately!?!

Started by Bill Bickle 15098, April 08, 2015, 03:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bickle 15098

I occasionally put copies of 1940 LaSalle Operating Manuals (glove box type) on Ebay for sale and was mildly interested if any other manuals were available.  There was. An original copy was available along with an original service certificate that included the name of the first owner, the dealership where he bought the car in Connecticut (Stamford) and the date of purchase. It also included the VIN of the vehicle. The VIN looked very familiar. I checked my ownership and, yes, it was the same!! This manual was originally in my vehicle!!   It was a long 4 days until the end of the ebay auction but it is on its way to my home in St. Catharines, Ontario from Colorado! The person who auctioned the manual had originally been a car dealer in Connecticut and temporarily had this car in his possession in 1975.  After 40 years, the car will have its original paperwork.  What are the odds!?!
1927 (7400) and 1940 (5267) LaSalles; 1949 Cadillac 6107

Quentin Hall

Now that one is a great story. Incredible.  Can't beat that . .just so greatful that you didn't mention the dealers name and give him a free plug. Hehe damn it go on you should have.

Post script. On second thoughts don't mention his name or the vin. Logic says that odds on someone else will recognize both and say "that's the Bastard that stole my Lasalle 40 years ago".  Murphys law.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

James Landi

"Sometimes you have to go a long way to come back a short distance."  (Edward Albee, "Zoo Story")