News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Mowerhoarder on Yesterday at 11:23:49 PMQuestion/update:
I did do all 4 corners for brakes with new shoes and wheel cylinders but I'm having some trouble with the pedal feel. What's happening is the pedal will go down within 1 1/2 inches of the floor before any real braking happens but the car does stop. Once you get to that point, most of your leverage is used up but it will lock all the wheels up still, I assume it's air somewhere and I'm thinking the master cylinder as when it was sitting, all the fluid drained out and the master was dry for some time. I tried to halfass bench bleed it by just bending up some metal lines that were maybe in the fluid or maybe not in the fluid, I didn't take the master off the car but just left it on so I don't know if there's still air in it somewhere maybe? I might pull it off sometime this weekend and properly bench bleed it anyways though. I'm getting clean clear fluid to all 4 wheels with zero air which is what's making me confused. The shoes were adjusted like the manual said but I'm not entirely sure the master is adjusted properly, although it wouldn't matter if it has air in it. The brakes don't pump up or get better or worse really at all, surely it can't just be like this? 
Have you done the major adjustment to the brakes including adjusting the shoes with feeler gauge through the slots in the drums?
General Discussion / Re: What's Going On Here
Last post by Abe Lugo - Today at 03:55:19 AM
do you guys happen to have parts wanted ad in the classifieds or mentioned on a post that you were looking for something?
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 12:07:19 AM
What I am saying is that even though a person who has been banned, there may be messages that he posted before being banned, but message recipients might not have opened them, or realised that there was a message for them.

I am not exactly sure how the computer stuff works, but banning a Member, only puts a ban on future activities by that person.   Whenever I ban anyone, I make sure that all their previous postings have been removed from the Forum, but as one must realise, nobody has access to another Members Personal Messages, which is how it should be.   Does that make sense?

Non Dues-paying Members, after the 15th May will not be able to use the PM System.

Nobody can just look at the Forum, and send messages via the Personal Message System.   And, never could.   They had to register.   Now, after the 15th May, only Dues-paying CLC Members will be allowed to access the Forum, and if they are newly joining, they cannot automatically join, but have to be approved by the Administrators or Moderators.

Bruce. >:D
General Discussion / Re: 1968 DeVille Convertible r...
Last post by Mr cadillac - Today at 12:05:57 AM
This looks amazing!
General Discussion / Re: 1975 Eldorado just sold fo...
Last post by Mr cadillac - Today at 12:03:08 AM
Wow!
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by Mr cadillac - Today at 12:00:38 AM
So very sad to hear the news about Maurice. He was an in depth author. Prayers for his family
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Mowerhoarder - Yesterday at 11:23:49 PM
Question/update:
I did do all 4 corners for brakes with new shoes and wheel cylinders but I'm having some trouble with the pedal feel. What's happening is the pedal will go down within 1 1/2 inches of the floor before any real braking happens but the car does stop. Once you get to that point, most of your leverage is used up but it will lock all the wheels up still, I assume it's air somewhere and I'm thinking the master cylinder as when it was sitting, all the fluid drained out and the master was dry for some time. I tried to halfass bench bleed it by just bending up some metal lines that were maybe in the fluid or maybe not in the fluid, I didn't take the master off the car but just left it on so I don't know if there's still air in it somewhere maybe? I might pull it off sometime this weekend and properly bench bleed it anyways though. I'm getting clean clear fluid to all 4 wheels with zero air which is what's making me confused. The shoes were adjusted like the manual said but I'm not entirely sure the master is adjusted properly, although it wouldn't matter if it has air in it. The brakes don't pump up or get better or worse really at all, surely it can't just be like this? 
Last post by 59-in-pieces - Yesterday at 11:15:55 PM
A simple question - Is the messaging system secure from non-dues paying members posting - yes or no.
The last post from Bruce seems to indicate NO - we all need to police our own messages.

I'm sorry, if our regular posts are secure from non-members posting - reading is OK - then why not the PM activities.

Have fun,
Steve B.
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 09:00:35 PM
Thanks Stefan.

Even though the person has been banned, Members must be vigilant in replying to all PM's, as Spammers will do their darndest to attack.

Bruce. >:D