News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CT6 door locks intermittent inoperative-Resolved

Started by TonyZappone #2624, August 19, 2023, 05:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Some of you may remember my plea for assistance with the door lock problem on my 2016 CT6 Platinum.  Last week I journied to Albany to Otto Cadillac.  I met with the service manager and the shop forman.  They new my frustration from previous visits, and were quite welcoming.  I had the car filled with gas, and told them to drive it to see if the problem could be observed, first hand.  Of course, the problem did not occur.  The shop foreman persisted, and I received a call yesterday saying the problem was resolved.  By tracing the "lock" circuit inch by inch, they found part of that circuit had been routed improperly, and had chafed to expose a bare wire that rubbed on the coil spring, right rear.  (they sent me photos) and if I cared enough to suffer trying to put one on this forum, I would post it. They were able to reroute the harness away from the spring, and the problem should be resolved.  By shorting the bare wire, they were able to observe the failure, each time. There are some dealers that still care.  My tip to the shop foreman should provide him groceries for a week.  Nice people.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Roger Zimmermann

This is the kind of issue where GM is paying in warranty maximum .5 hour to fix it, when such a problem can takes hours...Glad for you that that dealership find it.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

CadillacFanBob

Once again persistence and the shop foreman willing and able to drive your car paid off and problem found and repaired, glad to hear your car is fixed, peace of mind for you.

I agree with Roger on warranty times paid to tech and dealer, not fair in most cases.

Thumps up to Otto Cadillac.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois