News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Novelties

Started by Lexi, March 24, 2020, 07:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_Cassutt

Daughter and I decided to wear these t shirts on our road trip, in case someone asks about our ride.

67_Eldo

I figure I earned this one.

cadillacmike68

How about some gummies?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Lexi

Interesting carry all bag. Clay/Lexi

Cadman-iac

Here's a little display of Cadillac emblems that I got back in '02 while still working at a dealership.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

I remember the Cadillac pins but not the other item, (a book?). Attached are a couple of T shirts celebrating the 1956 Cadillac Series 75. The first is of my car hand painted by a local automotive artist who frequents the cruise nights. Quite detailed, with the division window, bud vases, gold grille & Sabres, and even the upper windshield tinting. The gold Flying Goddess is artistic licence, (should be chrome). The other shirt (not mine) I found on the net. Clay/Lexi

Cadman-iac

Sorry Clay,  I guess I should have explained what that is. It's the box for the pin display set. I just included it in the picture thinking it would be obvious what it was. 
Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

David Greenburg

Anyone else ever stayed at the Cadillac Hotel in Miami Beach?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Brett Baird

'59 Cadillac wooden puzzle
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

harvey b

Heres a couple of mine.
Harvey Bowness

signart

I draw up a design for T shirts for my loosely knit car club each year to wear on our yearly trip to a swap meet in Georgia. The design is new for each year and I use one of the attendee's vehicles in the design as I see fit. In '05, I saw fit to use mine. The map design goes on the front pocket area and stays the same except for the year.

Rules for the club:
There ain't no rules!
Strictly enforced, works out great 8)

Art D. Woody

Lexi

Cool T shirt with a vintage look. Those black & white graphics add to the overall effect. Speaking of "effect", how about some Cadillac inspired architecture? Think this building is in California and appears to be inspired by a Cadillac front clip, say circa 1970ish. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Now I have seen everything. A '59 Caddy quilt! Clay/Lexi

Lexi

This fellow's work blows me away, (Ali Kat). His business is to produce high quality guitars based on classic automotive designs. Of course the 1959 Cadillac tail fin is prominently featured among his work. I have no connection with the artist, but someday would love to acquire one of these beauties. Some of his work features actual vintage badging (enlarge & see last photo for example) to add to the realism. Rock on \mm/  Clay/Lexi

OliVDB

Okay everyone, time to pack up and lock the thread, these guitars win!

But on a more serious note, there's something I'm interested in: are all of these items (apart from the artisanal custom jobs such as that guitar) licensed/distributed by the Cadillac company as semi-advertising or are they produced because of the cultural value of the Cadillac brand only?

Lexi

The guitars are indeed cool. Below is the link for the site if you want to see some more, as well as some great non-Cadillac inspired automotive guitars. Another fantastic piece, is this apparent 1954 Cadillac inspired guitar, though info on the site seems to indicate that it at least took some styling cues from a '53. If you enlarge it, the detail is stunning. You would have to do some serious "head banging", or an Angus Young (AC DC) inspired floor solo "spin-a-rama" to show it off. Most of the detail is in the grille which faces the stage floor. At least the '59 "Katillac" guitar is there for all to see it's car inspired face and rear stock glorious details. But this dagmar-ed Cadillac is a close second. OMG more Cadillac toys to save up for. Clay/Lexi  \mm/

http://www.alikat.com.au/

Lexi

I purchased this a number of years ago from a seller who bought out the contents of Weyhing Jewelry, (probably around 2014). Weyhing was an old Detroit firm that was known to manufacture badges. They also manufactured, (and I presume designed), the Cadillac Serviceman pins for GM, although I am not sure for how many years. The piece was advertised as "original artwork" by Weyhing, and is mounted in a large gate fold cardboard frame that also bears that company's name, for the 1956 Cadillac Serviceman pin.

It may have been used as a Cadillac Serviceman pin design proposal for GM. The rendition is much larger than the actual pins that were produced. If you look closely you will see a silhouette at the bottom, which is the actual lapel pin size, (minus any detail). Just the shape of what the proposed finished product would be. Very odd NOT to have detail there, but not if this was intended as a working copy draft.

Also, note that the artwork depicts a design that appears to have NOT been used. In the attached photos I have enclosed an actual Weyhing Brothers 1956 Cadillac Serviceman pin in the original presentation box for comparison. Don’t think they had 2 different styles of pins that year. Perhaps this design was used, but for another type of Serviceman presentation, (a plaque, perhaps), or something that I have not yet seen? Any ideas? Does anyone know for sure what this is? Perhaps certified craftsmen received one of these picture presentation pieces with the pins as well? Maybe, but I have not seen another. I have seen many pins though. Regardless, this may be a one of a kind Cadillac novelty which was done at the behest of GM for the 1956 Cadillac. Clay/Lexi

jagbuxx #12944

I made up about a dozen man cave sofas from Cadillac rear seats.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Steve W

Just got this last week for my g/f who LOVES the ‘59!
Goodwill auction... and everything works! Lights flash with the music! Was made in 1990. Looks like brand new!
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Steve W

Luckily we had couple of cassette here !
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866