News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Scammy car slaes websites
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 05:11:28 PM
Heres my old post on scam sites.
General Discussion / Re: 2040 Parts?
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 05:09:41 PM
Its a data mining site.
It gathers your info with cool car bait.
I made a list of scam car sites on the forum two years ago.
They all want info.
General Discussion / Re: Cadillacs in movies.
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 05:03:59 PM
What other car brand even comes close in movies?
Maybe Porsche?
Hi Anthony,

If the shocks are the old AC Delco Pleasurizer shocks, I'd say keep them in the car. I do believe they are gas shocks, but they are probably very low pressure compared to new ones made today from typical brands.

ShockstoSprings definitely sounds like a route I would take the day I tend to buy shocks for my 54 Cad. You could even ask them if they can rebuild those old AC Delcos if possible, if so, I'd personally go that route.

I don't know exactly when gas shocks started to make their way into Cadillacs. Far too many of us (myself included) will go out and buy new shocks for our classic Cads, and then complain why the car now rides so stiff/harsh and unlike how an old Cadillac is supposed to ride.

Hydraulic shocks were meant for our cars, you could get away with some low-pressure gas ones, but the shock is still going to still have some resistance to it, you most notice it while driving over minor cracks and small bumps in the road.

Hope that helps.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1962 cornering lamps
Last post by hotrodln - Today at 04:04:41 PM
OK So i remembered reading about this on a forum for 61's and 2'S a long time ago. forum is gone now, but i remember somebody writing about a little green wire that breaks in the turn signal...so i spent a rainy sunday taking the steering wheel off..and digging around.and look what i found. a little green wire broken. Soldered it and now they work. First time in about 25 years!
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Chrome door lock knobs don...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: MickeyCaddy on Today at 11:10:47 AMIf it's not too much trouble, could you do a quick measurement? It's confusing; the knobs I bought from C-Daddy in Vegas state "Replaces part # 4633370", but the pic I posted shows that they're unusable. The seller kindly refunded my money, but told me "We don't get it - we checked these on our cars here and they fit perfectly."
Thanks in advance.

I will pull the box. Records show I should have 22 of them in chrome. They would all be vintage as I pulled them from parts cars myself, and got others from a buddy who did the same. Not reproductions. My '56 Limo has the hard rubber or plastic ones. The chrome ones I have look like the one in your photo that shows it sticking up above the window trim. Hope mine are longer  :)  Is it possible that your threaded pins have changed with those of a longer reach and different diameter? Think I got some door pins and actuator mechanisms. Will pull one of those as well if I can find them, and check the thread pitch and fitment. Might take me a day or two. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 03:02:49 PM
There is no Cadillac in the bit its just the antifreeze marketing seemed similar in how amazing and universal the product is.   I want to say its Chevy, Akroyd, and Gilda? Chevy is the salesman?  New Shimmer its a floor wax and a desert topping.

Its odd that that one doesn't seem to be on youtube, I see others from the same era with the same players so I don't know why they would be holding that one back.
 Glad you found the problem and it was an easy fix.

Rick
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on Yesterday at 08:00:18 PMOf course SNL when they were funny.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/shimmer-floor-wax/2721424

To keep relevant to the Cadillac requirement, Dan Akroyd was in the skit and his character's Eldo Brougham from Driving Miss Daisy is in the CLC Museum at Gilmore Museum.

You have to have the app to get the video to play. Not sure if it's worth loading even to watch a Cadillac. I'm leary of any apps I'm not familiar with. But thanks for the link anyway.

Rick
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Dome light switch not work...
Last post by Daffer - Today at 01:30:44 PM
Quote from: tluke on Yesterday at 09:59:32 PMAs Rick wrote if the dome light works ever, it has power to it. The dome light has one power line to it. To turn it on, it has ground wires going to each door jam switch and to the switch on the B-pillar. If any (or all) of those switches complete the ground, the light goes on. If the light goes on with each of both back doors opening, the culprit is likely that switch on the B-pillar Those B-pillar switches are notorious for going bad. When I first got my '55 Series 75 that switch (plus the two on the C-post on my limo) were all non-functional. I took the switch out and took it apart and cleaned all the contacts and when reinstalled it worked, but I had to move the switch to just the right position for the light to come on. A second more thorough cleaning and adjustments made it more consistent. The switch itself is grounded to the car's body through the screws that hold it to the B-pillar so you may have to clean up those screws or the screw holes in the b-pillar behind the interior fabric to complete the ground...
I tried taking the switch off saw nothing wrong so I screwed it back on and I'm assuming it might have been the ground screws to the b-piller as after re-screwing it to the piller it worked! Thank you for the help!
-Josh