News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Want to Buy Rebuilt Quadrajet

Started by cmellin, June 24, 2018, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmellin

Looking for a recommendation to buy a Rebuilt Quadrajet 7040230 for my 1970 Eldorado.
The Casting on my Fuel inlet is cracked from a previous owner. 
Lots of people out there selling them, would like someone who has a some positive history with members.
Thank you

Bobby B

Unfortunately, that model # Rochester is not cheap. They're out there, but it's probably going to cost you for a core, then a rebuild if you're not doing it yourself. Good Luck!
              Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

I believe this is what you are looking for.  It is a Delco rebuilt that I have had on the self for 20 years.  I will pull it apart and install a new pump and gasket kit.  $450.00 plus the shipping
Greg Surfas.
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cmellin

Quote from: "Cadillac Kid"  Greg Surfas 15364 on June 24, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
I believe this is what you are looking for.  It is a Delco rebuilt that I have had on the self for 20 years.  I will pull it apart and install a new pump and gasket kit.  $450.00 plus the shipping
Greg Surfas.

Thanks for offering your Carburetor, I found one in California that I purchased from another member.
Thanks again
Colin Mellin

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Colin,
I'm glad you found one and I'm glad you asked on this forum.  I had forgotten completely about this until your post. I'll probably blow the dust off it and put in the classified section, or put it back on the shelf for another 20 years.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-