News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 Cadillac A/C “O” rings

Started by Bob Kielar, October 18, 2023, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

I'm in need of a set of o rings that go on an original a/c compressor manifold for my 1955 Cadillac or where to find them? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Daryl Chesterman

Bob, I think you can find what you need at NAPA.  If you go to this NAPA website, I am sure that you can find what you need.  Do you have the old "O-rings".  The reason I put O-rings in quotes is that many of them are sealing washers, not O-rings.  Since I am not an A/C professional, you will need to determine what you need for sure! ;D 

https://www.napaecatalog.com/?market=65&origin=https%3a%2f%2fwww.napaprolink.com%2fecatalogparse.aspx%3fcatid_linecode_partnumber%3d

Once you log into the above website, choose "Air Conditioner Parts" from the sidebar on the left.  Then choose the catalog on the upper-right—"NAPA TEMP illustrated guide".  In the little window in the center of the blue bar at the top of the opening page, type "653" and it, and succeeding pages, will take you to illustrations that will help you determine what you might need.  If this is not what you need, you can click on the contents tab on the left side of the page and it will bring up a table of contents that you can search.

Good luck with your search!
Daryl Chesterman

Bob Kielar

Thanks Daryl, I'll give it a try. They look like regular rubber o rings but I wasn't sure since they go on the a/c lines.
Regards,
Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

harvey b

I would try and find a smaller shop that does A/C work and see if they have them,or something that will work.The newer cars have a type of flat washer that is used for these type of fittings. harveyb
Harvey Bowness