News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

55 cadi vin num

Started by joe torres, February 24, 2005, 06:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe torres

can you help,  where is the vin number for a 55 cadi fleetwood located

JIM CLC # 15000

Joe, I dont know.
But, now your question is back up front for others to see.
Good Luck, Jim

Eric Kizer

I dont know if you have gotten an answer to your question by now, but there is no VIN number on Cadillacs for 1955. They are identified my the motor# on the manifold. Eric Kizer

George

1954 through 1957 Cadillac has a serial numberlocated on a plate attached to left frontdoor pillar post.Engine ID is stamped on a machined pad at the front. Top edge of the righthand block.
Engine number has 9 digits. First 2 are model year 3rd 4th are series,succeeding numbers are individual car serial number.eg.#546201140 is 1954, model 62 production # 01140.
Quote from the manual.

Dewane

Is that true Eric??
I have a 55 Coupe and I thought or read that there is a VIN number stamped on the passenger rail of the frame.
But darned if I can find it?!?
If there really are no numbers, other than the engine, then Ive been looking for nothing.