News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1986-90 D-Car Cruise Servo Campaign

Started by Mike #19861, September 13, 2005, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike #19861

I had to remove the carb on my 86 Fleetwood Brougham today (the reason would make a new subject) and I discovered that the rod from the throttle had rubbed through  the cruise servo bracket.

This creates a potentially dangerous situation in that the rod can drop out of the servo and lodge on the intake manifold leading to a WOT condition.

GM had a campaign (the Canadian number being 89-022)that adressed this situation. The repair consisted of a metal clip on the cruise serve bracket and a new spring clip on the rod.

If you have one of these cars equipped with the 307 (5.0 litre) code Y (VIN LG2)engine then you may want to inspect this. If this metal clip is not present, call your local GM dealer with the VIN and ask them to do a campaign search and see if this has been done. If not, them GM still has to perform this campaign, regardless of age or mileage.

I did this on mine and found the campaign still open. I will take it in for the fix (no word on what they will do about the servo). But in the mean time I removed the rod so that there is not chance for the throttle to jamb.

Mike